Copied

I go to:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

I click on:

Get the latest version

Download the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player

It DOES NOT give me an option to deselect McAfee

This give me:

Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.94 (16.9 MB)

Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

which downloads and installs McAfee without anywhere giving me the option to deselect McAfee.

I do not expect, and I do not want, Adobe to install a competitor's product to the security software vendor that *I* chose to put on my computer.

It is not reasonable on the part of Adobe to force my selection, against my will, of a competitor's security software.  Such duplicate installation often causes security problems!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Nothing bundled in those. BOOKMARK them for future reference and don't use the updater.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2013 Aug 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jimad3 wrote:

Adobe Flash Player 11.8.800.94 (16.9 MB)

Your system: Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Strange; when I go there I see

Untitled.png

Anyway, if you use the offline installers from the links in the previous post, you will never have to worry again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2013 Aug 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setup you are quoting is 32-bit. The setup I am quoting is 64-bit. The user should not have to implement workarounds to escape unreasonable corporate behavior by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I took yesterday's screenshot on a 32-bit system.  This is how it looks on a 64-bit system

getfp1.PNG

The only thing the users have to do is to uncheck that little checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I rerun the install today from Adobe’s website using the default, I get an alternative display which offers, but does not force a “Free Trial of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom”, and then the install proceeds without apparently forcing the install of McAfee. And then when I go back and do it again, it displays the McAfee display, with the checkbox, which now appears to function correctly, install McAfee, or not, depending on the checkbox. So I would guess this was a programming glitch on Adobe website, which now appears to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jimad3 wrote:

When I rerun the install today from Adobe’s website using the default, I get an alternative display which offers, but does not force a “Free Trial of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom”, and then the install proceeds without apparently forcing the install of McAfee.  And then when I go back and do it again, it displays the McAfee display, with the checkbox, which now appears to function correctly, install McAfee, or not, depending on the checkbox.  So I would guess this was a programming glitch on Adobe website, which now appears to be fixed.

The Lightroom trial is for Mac users only AFAIK, so I don't understand HOW you could have seen it on a Windows system. Adobe uses browser and OS detection javascripts to determine WHICH page a visitor is directed to. If you're seeing a McAfee download, it's detected that you're using Windows and it WON'T show you a "Mac only" download option (Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds to me like the Adobe website is major screwed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The above is NOT an option offered when an UPDATE AVAILABLE notice is pushed onto my PC. There is no mention until all of a sudden it is being downloaded and installed along with the Flash update. So for those of you posting the choice page at Adobe, STOP because you don't know the whole scenario that I and many others are faced with. It was easy to uninstall McAfee (which I certaing did right away) but it should not have been installed to begin with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As if it were not enough to receive constant flash player updates anouncements, the last one came with a surprise. This time Adobe didn't allow me to choose whether to install mcafee or not (btw shame on you Adobe for making me to have to uncheck that box every time). A pop up window shown up with the download status of both Flash player update and mcafee, and installed it without asking. Why should I have to loose my time having to uninstall mcafee? Why should I have to loose my time having to uncheck that box every other time? How do I know Mcafee has not left anything in my computer after uninstall? I have my own antivirus, so please, just stop annoying your users with that kind of annoying behaviour.

PS: I don't install anything automatically before checking how it was for other users, so save your advices on enable updates automatically.

SHAME ON YOU!

Manuel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines