• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash full screen slightly offset on 2nd monitor

New Here ,
May 12, 2018 May 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the most recent version of flash. But no matter what browser I use, when I put a flash player window on full screen on my 2nd monitor, the image is slightly offset to the right. Almost as though it was an old CRT monitor and someone had messed with the horizontal positioning.

The 2nd monitor is a 55inch Sceptre 4K TV and I'm connecting to it from my Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop with an HDMI cable. The graphic card is an Invidia GeForce GTX1060.

Every other video player works fine on the full screen on the second monitor. Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Amazon Prime...No problems with any of them. But when I try to use flash on full screen on the 2nd screen, about 10% of the image slides off the right hand side.

Would appreciate any tips. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, if it's hooked up as the primary monitor, does it have the same problem?

Also, if you change the resolution, does the full-screen video get rendered correctly, or does it keep the same offset?

Oh, and what browser(s) have you tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good questions.

It was already set as the primary monitor (I'd forgotten this myself until I checked), and it made no difference when I changed that around. When I changed the resolution from the recommended 3840x2160 down to the next lowest option, 2048x1536, this had the effect of making the display on the 55in screen very nearly square. But when I tried fullscreen at that resolution it worked.

So far I've tried Chrome, IE and Microsoft Edge, all with the same issue on the max resolution.

I'm giving firefox a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, thanks.  A link to a Flash video that reproduces this would be helpful.

I'll see if we can find someone can find an example of this in the meantime. 

Is this Windows 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Yes, it is Windows 10.

2) Firefox didn't work, and it was so clunky I uninstalled it immediately after.

3) I'll either find you a link to a video that replicates this or I'll (hopefully) discover that it's the specific content provider that is causing the issue.

In the spirit of full disclosure the only flash video content I'm viewing is (::sigh::...here it comes) on the WWE Network. So I actually *can't* link to it because you wouldn't be able to log in.

But I will hunt down some other flash videos and see if any of them work, or if the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's actually helpful.  It might be related to DRM-protected video, which would explain why it's not coming up all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, a had a few people with 4K monitors attempt to reproduce this and nobody sees it.  I believe it's happening, but I'm not seeing a lot of complaints and can't reproduce it on comparable (but not exact) hardware.  This all point to something at the intersection of specific hardware and drivers.

You might check to see if there are newer graphics drivers available for your system.

Also, I'd be curious to know if disabling hardware acceleration fixes this issue.  It's not ideal as a long-term solution, but would tell us if it's driver-related.  Instructions are in the video troubleshooting guide below:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate all your help. I'll try disabling hardware acceleration.

Nobody else I've talked to has ever had this issue either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a feeling it's a driver thing.  If so, disabling hardware acceleration should fix the offset (but performance might not be great).  If that's the case, either update to the latest available drivers, or ping the tech support folks for your GPU.  You have a good reproducible case for them to examine, so it should be a straightforward exercise at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines