• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash > HTML5

Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a long time Flash user/developer, I have come to the conclussion that HTML5 sucks. Here's the pro's of Flash for me...

• Very small file size (didn't require a bunch of javascript, css files, etc.)
  • Takes less resources than HTML5 (both web design and video)
  • Websites were more creative (everything looks like Wordpress now)
  • Entering text per frame was easier (Div's in HTML5 always have to be hidden and unhidden)
  • Scaling a website to fit the screen was much easier (I think anyway)

I could keep going on with many minor things but these are my main five. I have multiple pc's like most developers but I always hop on this older one for development (XP and Win7) and sometimes go to youtube. I remember watching Flash HD videos on youtube and my fan hardly ever ran full blast. Nowadays, I can barely play HD videos without stuttering or buffering.

Flash websites loaded so fast and the Flashkit community was large. Everyone creating interesting websites and games. I feel bored and irritated with today's website looking boring and crippled with ads. Thanks Google!

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else feels the way I do? Flash needs to stay alive.

TOPICS
End of life , Performance , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

absolutely agree, I"m happy some developers go back to reason. I would add that if at least html5/js had the whole class packages that Actionscript2/3 have like rtmfp (udp), multicast ip and application, netgroup, vector arrays etc... but it's not the case and if no good next step evolution like webassembly does not grab Flash API into the game so it will be a massive regression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines