Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash install needing 'Chrome closed'

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ive been struggling with this problem for days, when i install Adobe Flash Player, it says that chrome is needed to be closed when it already is closed. It stops at 53% asking for chrome to be closed when i have. Ive done task manager, made sure other apps on chrome (google hangouts) where closed and off and it still hasnt worked. Ive researched on what to do but the few advice ive found failed. I have a Windows 8 and is installing the 64 bit,English,Chrome, and version 30.0.0.134

I wait for a replay. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2018 Aug 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually this means some other app is identifying itself as Chrome, or something is keeping Chrome open in the background.  Open Task Manager and select to view all processes for all users to locate the offending process.

But, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI for Chromium separately.  Google does block Flash by default, so you most likely just need to enable Flash for the site you want. See Google's help doc Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2018 Aug 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the Google apps on desktop use Chrome under the hood.  It's probably Google Hangouts that's keeping Chrome running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines