• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installation problems.

New Here ,
May 01, 2016 May 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7. IE 11. Several basics first if anyone can indulge me as thios whole mess is confusing like trying to get registered on this forum.

?  What is the difference betwen Flash Player and Shockwave Flash object?

?  Where does Adobe install Flash Player / Shockwave Flash Object so I can look with Win Explorer, open it at source?

I have downloaded, saved then installed. Directly installed. Gone through all the FAQS & FIX'S.

WHY is STEP 3 an advert for more Adobe programs when what it SHOULD be is a test to see if it is installed and works!?!?

I'm not a geek, wish I was but I know I MUST have Flash installed or I can't watch video on my browser. Tried several and NONE work, ALL say I need Adobe Flashplayer.

SOMETIMES control panel can uninstall other times it says there is no file, that is the ONLY way I have ANY notion if the install worked.

It WAS working a week ago, then I got a bug in IE 11 and had to uninstall, used Malwarebytes to clean my system as Win defender didn't/couldn't. Now the browsers work with being under someone elses control including a supposed place to download Adobe Flash Player. Only thing now not working is video and there just isn't an alternative for FLASH whaterver it's called.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Flash Player and Shockwave Flash object are the same thing.  It's just labeled that way in IE. This is not to be confused with Adobe Shockwave Player, which is a completely different plug-in.

Flash Player installs to the following location:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Please go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click on the Check Now button.  If Flash Player is installed and enabled, the widget will indicate this.  If Flash Player is installed but the widget indicates it's not, or disabled, check to see that Flash Player is enabled, and ActiveX Filtering is disabled:

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria. Thanks for your reply and sorry these thanks are a bit late.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, most sites that show video no longer use Flash Player (they all used to, so your info is not wrong, just out of date). Try Youtube.

Here is a Youtube video link That's All Folks HD - YouTube

If that doesn't work, you have a problem, but the problem is NOT Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Test_Screen_Name. Look at the date of my original plea! 2016, Win 7 is now obsolete but at the time I was desperate and at that time MOST on-line video WAS flash player with MP5 just coming in I believe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines