• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installed, but won't play .swf files

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed flash several times on my Mac OS 10.14. Adobe confirms this, but Flash is not in my Applications folder. Also, .swf files do not open. How can I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player doesn't go in your Applications folder and it doesn't play SWF files on your disk. It is an add-on for your browser ONLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 26, 2018 Dec 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
but Flash is not in my Applications folder. Also, .swf files do not open.

Flash is a browser plug-in and is saved to the /Library/Internet Plug-ins directory

All major browser vendors block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it.  See https://helps.adobe.com/flash-player.html for links to instructions to enable Flash on the various browsers.

Note: Adobe's North American offices are closed until January 1, 2019.  Replies from staff members will be delayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines