Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer gets to 5% and quits

Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded flashplayer28_xa_install and flashplayer28pp_fa_install and whenever I try to run either one of them the installer gets to 5%, sits there doing nothing for a while, then says "Connection error" and has a yellow "Finish" button.
I have Windows 10 with the latest updates installed.  The browser is irrelevant because the problem is not in a browser the problem is that I cannot get Flash to install.  I generally use either Opera, Firefox or IceDragon, all of which are up to date.

I uninstalled Flash because I read in one of these forums that if you're having problems like this Flash could be corrupted, so you should uninstall and then reinstall it, so now I have uninstalled it and I am unable to reinstall it, so now I have no Flash player at all.

I use Avast Anti-virus.

If anyone could help it would be appreciated, thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll need to review the flash installation log files to troubleshoot further.  Please provide the following files:

• FlashInstall log file(s) saved at:
    • 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
    • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\Flashinstall32.log
  • Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files saved at:
  • Upload ALL of the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud , or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access
  • Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines