• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash installer hangs at 95%

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the Flash Player installer (MacOS 10.15.4) three times in the past two weeks, now (including thw NPAPI link), and every time I try to run it, it stops at 95% and hangs forever. I cannot quit and must use the "Force Quit" tool. I have uninstalled Flash and tried again with same results.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020
Thanks. Following advice I found here, I rebooted and tried it again and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We'll need to view the Flash Player install files to troubleshoot the error.

Please review the FAQ https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/where-do-i-find-the-flash-player-installation-log-on-the... and set up your system to capture logs from FlashPlayerInstallManager.log and system.log files.  System.log is a general system file and logs many things to it.  We're only concerned with the Flash Player portion of the file, not anything else, so it's important to only capture what we need.

After obtaining the files, upload them to Document Cloud (see https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/how-to-share-a-file-using-adobe-document-cloud/td-p/4787...) or some file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account log on to access, and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

(including thw NPAPI link)

I'm assuming this means you've attempted to use the PPAPI installer for Chromium-based browsers.  If so, and Chrome is you're only Chromium-based browser there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI plugin separately as Google emebeds Flash Player in Chrome and releases updates for the embedded version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Following advice I found here, I rebooted and tried it again and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - glad that worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the logs in link format.  Please instruct how to upload for review.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm confused by your posts here as there is no context for your post here and you posted elsewhere that you were able to install Flash Player, but having issues viewing content.

Please see reply only to your post at https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/flash-player-blocked-prompted-to-download/m-p/11116036?p...

Posting to different discussion topics is confusing.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Locking this topic, since the original issue for this topic has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines