• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash is dead but still working on my colleague's PC , not on mine?

New Here ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Flash player has been blocked from today apparently.

So this morning I could not visualize the content of an application I use for monitoring, I use Chrome last version, tried with Explorer same thing, it displays a logo pointing at Adobe website announcement regarding the end of Flash player.

On my colleague PC, using an older version of Chrome still works just fine! How come?

Is it still working on older versions of Chrome? Should I downgrade?

Notice that both PCs have no internet access, they are in the LAN only.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

There are industry standard approaches to maintaining legacy software for archival purposes using virtualization and external security to allow users to run unmaintained software safely.  Those solutions are generally not free (from labor or licensing costs), and require a degree of expertise.  Advising on those topics is beyond the scope of what we're going to do here, but you're thinking along those general lines.

Here's the original announcement from 2017 with background and links to the br

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I met same problem with Poser 10. Poser libraries disappeared and in their position, the "Adobe Flash Player" is visible. Poser became useless.. From Adobe site, advised me to uninstall the "Adobe Flash Player"... I am still trying to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have Poser Pro software and I am desperate because I can't run Poser libraries so I can't work, I depend a lot on that program (POSER) and as Libraries need flash player, I can not work. If you have an idea on how to solve that I'd be glad any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reply. Thanks all people for help. Yesterday i found something
good in renderosity forum.
My system is W10/pc/Poser 10.
Solution found:
Exit Poser if it's running.

Find your poser.ini - the path may differ for you - mine is in

c:/Users/++user name++/AppData/Roaming/Poser/10

In your poser.ini look for

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0

and change the 0 to a 1.

-Save the poser.ini file.
-Relaunch Poser 10.
Your libraries will come back again. A little bit different in view, but
they are back!

Rgrds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night i found some help in renderosity forum and my libraries are back
again.

Try this:
Tbn my system is: W10 / pc / Poser 10
-Close Poser
-Find *poser.ini *file in your system
In my system, poser.ini is located :
c:/Users/++user name++/AppData/Roaming/Poser/10

In your poser.ini look for

LIBRARY_EMBEDDED_TYPE 0

and change the 0 to a 1.

-Save the poser.ini file.
-Relaunch Poser 10.
Your libraries will come back again. A little bit different in view, but
they are back!
Let me know if its OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your colleague will probably get blocked soon, though a few people with out of date systems have escaped for now. Flash is properly dead, completely dead. You need to use a different system for the task you have to do. Contact the maker, they have had 3 years to solve this for you. You may just need to buy an upgrade, rather than look for a whole new system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the PC would not have internet connection I suppose would still work maybe?

Cause the PC wouldn't be able to receive any updates from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your browsers and operating systems don't want you using Flash Player for security reasons.  See this link:

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are industry standard approaches to maintaining legacy software for archival purposes using virtualization and external security to allow users to run unmaintained software safely.  Those solutions are generally not free (from labor or licensing costs), and require a degree of expertise.  Advising on those topics is beyond the scope of what we're going to do here, but you're thinking along those general lines.

Here's the original announcement from 2017 with background and links to the browsers roadmaps: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Flash Player is EOL, and all of the major browser vendors will follow pretty soon with updates that remove support for all browser plug-ins.  This means that even with an old Flash Player installed, you'll be hard-pressed to find a browser that will run it.  More importantly, those configurations would not be safe for browsing the open web. 

You have a number of options at your disposal, but the best option would be to update your application to remove the dependency on Flash Player. 

See the enterprise FAQ for your options: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

The Enterprise Enablement section in the Flash Player admin guide may also be helpful:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines