• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLASH is required for my bank's virtual cards, despicable to remove it

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The removal of Flash by Adobe over being bullied by people like Apple about "security" issues and being "outdated" without simply improving it offering an alternative platform for banks to use has caused me a lot of harm. My bank has no replacement for the platform powering its virtual credit cards and I will not be using the physical card. There are things a virtual card can do that Paypal and Apple Pay CANNOT do. One example is phoning in a credit card payment. Also many online orders simply don't support Paypal or Applepay. They support credit card numbers only and because of this I will stop paying for things online in those cases because I can no longer protect myself with a virtual card once your Flash ends.

There is NO ISSUE of security for the BANK sites because you have to log in SECURELY to the bank site FIRST before you go and launch the flash based virtual card window. I can understand that people using Flash on outer sites that are not password protected could be a problem but you did not make an exception to support the banks. There are numerous things I won't be able to pay for now because so many businesses only accept credit and debit cards without accepting Paypal and Apple Pay.

I beg you to support banks like Bank of America and Citibank in their virtual card efforts and am shocked at the horrible decision to just yank it. I do not know why the banks did not know how to develop something that was not needing flash but they seemed not to have been able to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Thanks for your feedback.

For completeness, here's the official announcment and background:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a different view of who to blame here. Your bank has known this was coming, including the final date, for THREE YEARS. They chose to do nothing - this is not because it is too difficult, but because they didn't care to do it. This does not show much concern for their customers, or give much confidence they will deal with future challenges well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

For completeness, here's the official announcment and background:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines