• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash no longer supported after 2020

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am computer illiterate and know just the basics. Will all the programs and games I play on the computer

that require flash use a different platform and will I have to do anything different to download or play online? Thanks for your help. I am still learning. Should I download flash player, I think I just have an add on and its accessed from my browser. Sometimes I have to click on a pop up giving permission for the content to be played, sometimes it says to install flash player, I click on the link and follow the instructions to install it, but the next time I play I get the message again and I install it again, does it dissappear after I quit playing, I'm confused.  Again Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2020 Jul 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly no. The people who made the programs and games that require flash need to do the work again, and create something that doesn't use Flash Player. Since they haven't done this in three years, they probably aren't going to do it at all. So at the end of the year all these sites and programs will just die, for everyone without special skills.

It's normal for sites to ask you every time whether to run Flash; this is part of the wind down of Flash Player.

If a site pops up telling you to install software IT IS PROBABLY A VIRUS. This is a huge problem, people pretend to have Flash to trick you into installing very bad things that may steal your money and destroy your files. Ignore it and don't go to that site again! To check if Flash Player is up to date go to the official page http://get.adobe.com/flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines