• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not installed properly.. cant figure out whats wrong.

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2018 Jul 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noticed a game that requires Flash was not working properly today. I went over to adobe's flash test page at Adobe - Flash Player which also tells you your flash version number.. Whenever I load that page the same thing happens, the small square where your version number is supposed to appear displays as a puzzle piece icon and disappears in a fraction of a second leaving nothing there. At the top of the screen a video appears with a play button, and that disappears in 3 seconds also leaving that area blank. Multiple refreshes had same result. I reinstalled Flash from download page and same result again.

I checked another flash test site (codegeek) and it says: "You do not have flash player installed" - In Chrome settings, Flash is set to "Ask First", which is the only option other then block. When I added codegeek's test page to the allow list it worked and now says: You have flash player 30.0.0 installed. Do I really have to do that every time I go to a site that uses Flash? And what about games? The Steam game that I was having problems with today does not show me the address of the server, I could dig around on the game's forums or site probably find out but that's a lot of trouble to go through when I want to play a new game.

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong and how to get flash installed properly?

Win 10- all updates installed, chrome and graphics drivers all latest version. Videos, movies and youtube all play normally.

Thx for any help

Sean G

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018
When I added codegeek's test page to the allow list it worked and now says: You have flash player 30.0.0 installed. Do I really have to do that every time I go to a site that uses Flash?

This is a browser issue, not a Flash Player issue.  The browser controls the loading of the plugin, not the plugin.  Most browser vendors block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it, usually on a per-site basis.  You can either enable it for each site you want, or add the following to Chrome's list of exc

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I added codegeek's test page to the allow list it worked and now says: You have flash player 30.0.0 installed. Do I really have to do that every time I go to a site that uses Flash?

This is a browser issue, not a Flash Player issue.  The browser controls the loading of the plugin, not the plugin.  Most browser vendors block Flash by default, forcing users to enable it, usually on a per-site basis.  You can either enable it for each site you want, or add the following to Chrome's list of exceptions, which whitelists all sites.

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 7.22.51 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ok I did that - then restarted browser - the adobe test page does the same thing - I tried a different flash test site (ultrasounds.com) and a puzzle piece appeared and the text said "click here for flash" so I did and then a pop-up window appeared asking for permission to run flash, after I gave permission then flash worked fine.
Well I guess that's the best I can expect, I will click the "Correct Answer" button - thanks for your help.
All the time I wasted learning Swishmax so I could make animated custom sigs for EverQuest boards.... Now good luck finding any forum that even allows Flash.. (sigh)
Sean G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines