• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not installing on Mac

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to open up download to flash player on my mac. It keeps asking for my password. I have tried my mac password AND my adobe password, but nothing is working. I'm on version 10.15.1.

I also know I have downloaded this product before and unsure of why I cannot use my software requiring it.

Additionally, what is up with chat not being able to assist me? This is all suspicious and I'm very frustrated. All I want is to use software I pay good money for and followed the directions to a T.

TOPICS
Error , How to , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Resolved.

I can elaborate if requested. Basically what I meant by "pay good money" is softwares I purchase that utilize flash.

I had to restart my computer so my anti-virus would allow the program to proceed.

Hopefully other mac users encountering this can find this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no support for free products, so of course Chat can't help. Perhaps we can help. I'm not sure what you paid good money for, but I doubt it is Flash Player you paid for. 

First, make sure you downloaded from http://get.adobe.com/flash. There are lots of attacks, spam trying to get us to download viruses and worse. DO NOT FOLLOW ANY LINKS IN AN EMAIL.

Ok, if it's the official thing, it's easy enough to tell which password is needed. What does the password prompt say IN FULL? (Don't include private info).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolved.

I can elaborate if requested. Basically what I meant by "pay good money" is softwares I purchase that utilize flash.

I had to restart my computer so my anti-virus would allow the program to proceed.

Hopefully other mac users encountering this can find this useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2020 Jan 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the clarification. In case you didn't know: Flash Player is going away, forever, at the end of this year. You may want to check the future plans for anything you use which depends on it - they need to convert, and urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines