• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not listed in Safari 11 Web Sites Plugins

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got some web pages prompting that Flash was not installed. I am running Safari 11.0.3 on macOS 10.13.3.
I followed the link to download the latest version (28.0.0.161) of installation package.
After restarting Safari, still no success.
I found some instructions to check in Safari Preferences > Web Sites and change the settings for Adove Flash Player Plugin.

But is does not show up in the list of plugins despite several attempts to reinstall it.

I have tried uninstalling it, then clear the two folder in Library as described in the memo, then rebooting, again with no success.

I just noticed that the installation progress regularly till around 50% then skip to the end to claim that the installation was complete.
Is there any installation log file I could check to see if something is wrong during installation.

It works OK with Chrome, but not in Safari or Firefox.

Any clue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

To check if Flash Player for firefox and Safari is installed on your machine, you can go to System Preferences>Flash Player. Go to Updates tab and see NPAPI Plug-in version installed.

Refer to Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari page to Enable Flash Player for Safari and Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for Firefox. For Safari, if above link does not help, refer to Remove restrictions on Flash content playing in Safari .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines