• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not loading in modules

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why - when I click on the Global Security settings panel - do I not see the setting panel and instead see a blank area.  See attachment.  And when I right click on the panel area, I get a truncated options box.  See attachment

It doesn't matter what browser I user (Opera, Chrome, Edge, IE 11, Maxthon, Firefox) the Global Security Settings Page behaves the same (blank area).

Flash over the last two weeks is not behaving correctly.  Another example is going to stagexl.org/demos/performance.  That page allows you benchmark frame performance with flash and html.  The html test works fine (small flags running across the screen).  The Flash page is blank and doesnt run. See attachment.

I also see a flash failure going the the wgt.,com game page.  The login flash module doesnt not load (it's blank).  See attachmentblank flash settings.JPG

truncated message fash.JPG

stagexl.JPG

flash issue.JPG

I've seen this on several machines, both Windows 10 and Windows 7.  It doesn't matter what browser you use.  I've tried turning the local firewall off and I've bypassed the web-filtering service to check if any of those could be a factor.  I'm stumped.  It's either somthing with adobe and/or Microsoft.  A bad update maybe?

Can't get it to work - from multiple stations inside our office.  Multiple uninstalls and re-installs have not proven effective.  Older versions of flash did not work.  What's going on.  Anyone else seen this behavior?  It's especially troubling not seeing the Global Security Setting panel on adobe's own page - regardless of browser.  Something is up.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Since version 30 Flash mitigated the so called spectre/meltdown security vulnerability that concern 80% of the CPU on the market.

because of that, some code must be checked to avoid freezing and other inconveniences. For example, put a getTimer() into a for/while loop is a no no today and force Flash run time to simply disable getTimer(). also shareable byteArray is disabled until a better fix will be found. This issue does not concern Flash only, but also Javascript, Java, etc...

some links

Adobe Flash player that mitigates Meltdown and Spectre

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since version 30 Flash mitigated the so called spectre/meltdown security vulnerability that concern 80% of the CPU on the market.

because of that, some code must be checked to avoid freezing and other inconveniences. For example, put a getTimer() into a for/while loop is a no no today and force Flash run time to simply disable getTimer(). also shareable byteArray is disabled until a better fix will be found. This issue does not concern Flash only, but also Javascript, Java, etc...

some links

Adobe Flash player that mitigates Meltdown and Spectre

Spectre / Meltdown Mitigations

https://meltdownattack.com/

https://techcrunch.com/2018/03/15/intel-announces-hardware-fixes-for-spectre-and-meltdown-on-upcomin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but is this a solution?  Seems like just an explanation.

How do I fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 28, 2018 Jul 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave you some informations about how to found a work around.

if you use shareable byteArray or getTimer in loops (EnterFrame are ok)

so you must modify your code

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mmspic.JPG

This is my edited mms.cfg file.  Flash modules still do not load.  Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines