• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not working in Microsoft Edge

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player is already enabled in my Microsoft Edge Advanced Settings.  When I try to visit sites powered by Flash, I am prompted to install the Flash player.  I can only successfully access these sites with IE.

Is there a registry component that needs to be enabled to cause Flash to work in Microsoft Edge?

Jerome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please follow the steps mentioned on Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ridhijain,

I don’t used Internet Explorer.  I use Microsoft Edge.  If I did not state my initial concern correctly, It should have read:  Since the last Microsoft Security update, I cannot view Flash videos or website properly with Windows Edge.  This is despite what appears to be a Windows 10 control over Adobe Flash updates.

Jerome Cherry

<moderator: deleted personal information>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the link for edge: Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

What Windows 10 version, and OS build do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I hope it's okay to jump in on this query as I'm experiencing the same issue. I do have to warn you that I am not at all tech savvy so be gentle lol. I've checked my settings as per your link for Edge and it shows that Adobe Flash is already on. What else can I do?

My Windows 10 version is 1607 and OS Build is 14393.1198. I'm quite impressed with myself that I managed to locate that information. I do hope you can help me resolve this as it's stopping me doing so much work. Thanks in anticipation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lilianw49237618

Please provide the direct link to content that is not displaying Flash on Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at these instructions that they provided and Flash was already enabled. However when trying to test it said it was disabled. I can't get anything to run in Edge that requires Flash of course. I have the very latest updates as of this post date on my system. Is there something broken in the latest version for Edge? Is there anything that can fix this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@nato_norad

Please go to Settings > System > About and provide the following information:

• Edition
  • Version
  • OS Build
  • System type

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing the exact same problem...

Richa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at these instructions and Flash was already enabled. However when trying to test it said it was disabled. I cannot download any new pdf files. Only the ones that were downloaded before open, I wonder how!! and the new once don't download as pdf or open as pdf. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem -Since the last Microsoft Security update, I cannot view Flash videos or website with Windows 10 Edge.  I have followed the steps : setting -advanced settings- enable flash player  but  the flash player still not working.

Help to solve this problem will be greatly appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please read the thread there is no workaround. If a secure site unusable change browser. other sites click on the jigsaw piece icon top right bar. If yiu visit a lot of flash based sites change to opera it is no good people keep asking it is what it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2017 Jul 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your solution to this bug is to ignore it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is with Edge, not IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies I wrote from a mobile phone and could not explain fully.

It is not a bug.

Microsoft no longer wish people to use flash because of the alleged security risks (sorry I know this an adobe forum eek!) I did say "alleged".

Therefore they are making us stop using it.

I isn't a bug.

If a company stops using or promoting a particular piece of software that not not a bug.

So either we all have to invade MS offices and demand they are wrong.

Or we use something else.

Or just use Opera instead of Edge if you believe, as I do, that MS will not listen to you.

Apologies again for the fact that my comments are on an Adobe forum and that many users will think the world must always accommodate everything that Adobe makes regardless.

BTW I have been using Adobe since 2001 and still do but I also appreciate it does not operate in a vacuum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Opera. I followed online instructions to enable, but Flash does not work there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For Edge please follow instructions mentioned on Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge page depending on Windows 10 version. To find out the version number you can follows steps mentioned on link above.

What issue are you seeing with Opera browser? Please post a screenshot of the same.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning, I followed the instructions to troubleshoot Adobe Flash in  Microsoft Edge and it stated Flash Player was disabled. However in settings, Flash is enabled.  I feel I am going in circles. Your help will be greatly appreciated; here is my system information:

Windows 10 Pro N

Version 1703

OS Build: 15063.483

System type: 64 bit; x64-based processor

8 GB of RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2017 Aug 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I followed the instructions given concerning Microsoft Edge and Flash. Three videos played, and no more after that. I came in this morning, and again no videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I don't have that option. It's the dutch version.

And in my version I can only download extensions from the store, not manage.

So, please support a correct information or flash won't be used in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that option.

Which option do you not have?

And in my version I can only download extensions from the store, not manage.

Flash Player is an ActiveX Control, it isn't an extension.

Please be specific and detailed in your reply so that we may be better able to assist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest w10 and edge upgrade specifically aims to stop flash on websites unless you click the jigsaw icon (just left of the star and book in the top right ribbon) and enable for that site.

It is a MS decision not an Adobe error.

The jigsaw only appears if edge is blocking flash.

Enabling flash in settings does not prevent this happening.

MS Edge - such a great browser but now impossible to do internet banking with HSBC that insists on Flash - and the secure link means the jigsaw does not appear to enable it.

Hello Safari old friend nice to use you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All correct.  Here is a link with more information, from Microsoft: Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog

Hello Safari old friend nice to use you again

Safari is no longer supported on Windows, hasn't been for quite some time.  Flash supports Chrome, Opera, and Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or more correctly in my post "Hello safari my old friend nice to use you again on my ten year old second-hand MacBook pro that can actually check my internet banking whereas my £1000 brand spanking new windows machine is now a bookrest since MS decided I shouldn't use Flash even though my bank insists on using Flash"

Is that better?

LOL you just couldn't make it up could you?

MS snatches defeat from the jaws of victory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines