• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash not working in Microsoft Edge

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player is already enabled in my Microsoft Edge Advanced Settings.  When I try to visit sites powered by Flash, I am prompted to install the Flash player.  I can only successfully access these sites with IE.

Is there a registry component that needs to be enabled to cause Flash to work in Microsoft Edge?

Jerome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the laugh.

You can still use it, it just needs to be enabled per site. Or use a different browser, but again, they are essentially all moving to the 'click-to-play' model at various stages.  Depending on the browser, it may work by default, or you'll have to manually enable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem and had no idea about the jigsaw piece.  Now it is working fine.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't get my flash to work after the latest windows 10 update (on Edge, chrome or IE)  Here is a screen shotCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the message I getCapture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wspitzer

In the first screenshot, clicking the 'Get Adobe Flash Player' button should display the window to allow Flash Player:

If it doesn't, the site content isn't coded correctly to handle Edge's new click-to-play feature in Windows 10 Version 1703.  This is browser behaviour, controlled by Microsoft, not Adobe.

<edit: for additional troubleshooting steps, see Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge​)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the last time.

there us nothing you can do

flash is now always disabled since the latest update to edge.

you cannot restore enabled by default

you can only click on the jigsaw piece in the top bar and enable once for each and every visit ti a site or page

ignore solutions none work it is a Microsoft decision

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can only click on the jigsaw piece in the top bar and enable once for each and every visit ti a site or page

Selecting the 'Always Allow' option is supposed to always allow Flash Player for a given site, not just that visit.  If this isn't working you'll need to file a bug with Microsoft as this is their functionality.

it is a Microsoft decision

This is absolutely correct.  This is Microsoft deciding to set Flash as click-to-play by default and restrict the 'allow' setting per site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with respect people need to stop saying there is an "always" option.

it is actually incirrect and causes repeated versions of the same question

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The option, as per the screenshot above, has the 'Always Allow' (for this website) option.  If this is not working, I recommend contacting Microsoft and filing a bug with them.  The more people they get reporting the issue the better it is.  There are millions of people using Edge and Flash.  If they only get one or two reports of the 'Always Allow' feature not working it's a drop in the bucket compared to their number of users.  That is why it's important that more, rather than less, people file bugs with Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because this has prevented me using internet banking (as it requires flash but the jigsaw piece icon does not appear in secure sites).....................

I have found this workaround.

It works amazingly.

Currently it is flawless.

It costs nothing.

It works really well.

It has solved all my problems because I am not wasting any more time on forums (is that fora?)

Simple!!!

Download and install opera for windows.

That's it.

Easy

Just use Opera.

Works every time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, no puzzle piece button to press, just doesn't work.  It is enabled, Adobe downloadUntitled.jpg site says it's already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2017 Sep 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yegnal

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  Very helpful.  Microsoft Edge blocks Flash by default and forces users to enable it (per site, meaning no system-wide Flash allow option).  Usually there's a puzzle piece icon in the address field next to the bookmark icon and the favorites star icon.  Either that, or the content provider has a link to 'download Flash Player' that the browser intercepts when clicked and displays the puzzle piece, enabling users to allow Flash content on the site.  In your case, neither of these are displaying.  Please click on the 'Instructions' button link (in the yellow bar in your screenshot).  What information is presented?  Please post a screenshot of the 'Instructions' screen.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on 'instructions' takes me to Flash Player Help

Untitled.jpg

I've followed steps to no avail.  It is enabled and installed, just not working.  My current work around is to use IE11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You, as an individual, are not allowed to update Flash Player in Edge or Internet Explorer

Search http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx for help with Edge or Internet Explorer and Flash Player

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@yegnal

Thank you for the additional information.  It sounds like Verizon's site isn't handling the new behaviour well.

In the helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html page - the widget shows Flash is disabled.  You'll notice in the address bar (to the right), there is a puzzle piece.  If you click that puzzle piece Edge displays a dialog window to enable Flash, on that particular site.  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge for more information and screenshots.

The Verizon site needs to behave similar to allow the user to enable Flash on the site.  Edge now only enables Flash on a per-site basis, there is no 'allow always on all sites' setting.  What happens when you click the 'x' button in the yellow bar?  does it just close that dialog window?  Is there some text/link on the page about downloading Flash?  If so, click on that.  Edge should intercept the link request and display the dialog window to enable Flash.

This Microsoft blog post, Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog , provides more information on the Edge behaviour.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all that, to no avail.

I found a link that did fix the problem though.  It involved using the local group policy editor, now edge loads flash without issue

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8541

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/docs/Doc-8541

This link is for the same information I posted previously:  See Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge for more information and screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2017 Aug 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue & have tried everything stated & still not working. I have enable/disabled, refreshed/closed out browser.

Sorry to jump in but on the same boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that my problem was a Group Policy. Ran a Flash Player website in Edge and nothing happened. Just told me to install the Flash Player. And it was enabled in Edge.

The group policy that was set (from the domain) was this.

Computer Configuration - Administrative Template - Windows Components- Internet Explorer - Add-on Management: Deny all add-ons unless specifically allowed in the Add-on List = Enabled.

Hope this can help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hibrianb96888956

Thank you for the update.  Do you have Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Education 64bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given the length and age of this thread, I'm going to lock it.

If you're experiencing problems with Edge that aren't addressed here, please start a new topic, and provide specifics about your situation. 

Here's a guide on how to solicit a good answer:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines