Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash on Edge - Disabled - but turned on in Settings

New Here ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This website appeared in Task View:

Adobe Flash Player issues with Windows 10 (Microsoft Edge)

I checked in Advance Settings and Use Adobe Flash Player is turned on

Yet when I Test Flash Player in the above site it still says Flash Player is currently disabled

Microsoft technicians checked my Windows 10 systems and Flash Player is working OK, they do not understand the message.

Why does it still say Flash Player is currently disabled?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Edge disables Flash by default, forcing users to enable it on each site.  For the page you are referring to, click the puzzle piece in the address field (to the right) and enable Flash:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge disables Flash by default, forcing users to enable it on each site.  For the page you are referring to, click the puzzle piece in the address field (to the right) and enable Flash:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria - that seems to have worked; brilliant, thanks very much.  But why does Edge disable Flash by default, when Flash Player is integrated with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?  Perhaps I had tried to download Flash Player when it was already there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge there isn't a separate installer for it.  If you don't use Firefox, it's possible you downloaded it thinking it was the correct one.  However, Acrobat does use the NPAPI plugin to play Flash content embedded in PDF documents, and it's possible you downloaded it for that.

But why does Edge disable Flash by default, when Flash Player is integrated with Microsoft Edge in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, not a question I can answer.  This would be a question for Microsoft.

I'm glad the recommended solution worked and you're no longer blocked.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never see always allow.   It only ever says Allow once.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This post is from May 2018.  Microsoft has updated Edge browser to remove the 'Always Allow' option.  The only option available, per Microsoft, is 'Allow Once'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines