• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Palyer freeze Firefox Windows 10 with game Farmvile in Facebook

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to play the Farmville app on Facebook using the Firefox browser with Windows 10 and it doesn't work properly. The app asked if I wanted to speed up the game by saving the files locally and from there the hard drive works 100% and the machine slows down. I went to the website http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager03.html to remove the website from apps.facebook farmville and the browser freezes without showing any options, working the 100% hard drive. How can I access the Flash Player setup website to remove Farmville and fix the performance problem of my core-i3 windows 10 computer. Thank you. Translated by Google.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Sorry, this changed a little in recent Win10 versions.

In the search bar, type "Control Panel" and choose the Control Panel app.

To the right of "View By", choose "Small Icons" from the dropdown.

You should now see a Flash Player (32-bit) icon. 

Double click that, and you'll get the native control panel for Flash Player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, if you go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage, you can modify the local storage settings without using the browser.  This works in all browsers but Chrome, which has it's own separate version of Flash.

I don't actually think that will fix your problem.  If you enabled local storage in Flash Player and that's keeping the CPU at 100%, there's probably something wrong underneath us, like the operating system can't read or write to the disk correctly.  

There's a couple of things that I'd recommend if the problem persists: 

• Reboot the computer, if you haven't done that already.  "When in doubt, reboot" will always be excellent advice.  It's better to actually shut the computer down ("cold boot"), just to give all the hardware a chance to restart clean.

• Make sure that you have a working backup of all of your important data, then check the disk for errors.  If the disk is failing, running a disk check might exercise the disk enough that it fails.  It's better to make sure you have working backups first, just in case.  If you encounter errors that need to be fixed, fix them and see if the problem goes away.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. In Windows 10 there is no Flash Player option in Control Panel. Check the change or uninstall option and find that Windows 10 automatically installed two programs: 1) Flash Player 32 npapi and Flash Player 32 ppapi both with version 32.0.0.255, and none of them has the option to change. Obviously the problem remains the same and does not explain why it is not possible to use http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html neither in Firefox, nor in Google Chrome, nor in MS Edge I don't know how to remove the local save option that activates for Farmville on Facebook in Firefox and Google Chrome. I used MS Edge without activating local storage, and at first everything very well and then Flash Player failed to leave the browser completely blank with the symbol! in the middle. I do not dare to install 64-bit Adobe Flash on Windows 10 as it is supposed to be integrated in some way. I would like to emphasize that the operating system is Windows 10. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this changed a little in recent Win10 versions.

In the search bar, type "Control Panel" and choose the Control Panel app.

To the right of "View By", choose "Small Icons" from the dropdown.

You should now see a Flash Player (32-bit) icon. 

Double click that, and you'll get the native control panel for Flash Player. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for guiding me to find the local Flash Player settings. Remove the Farmville page from the allowed list and follow another community advice to remove the% appdata% / Adobe /.../ Flash Player directory. On another computer with Windows 7 I had the same problem as in Windows 10, so I applied the suggested solutions and used the CCleaner app. After solving the Windows registry problems, I successfully accessed Macromedia: Flash Player Settings and increase the global storage from 100 KB to 10 MB and Volia! the FarmVille app on Facebook does not freeze and the hard drive works completely normal without reaching 100% There is still a problem when the Farmville app must publish on Facebook that freezes the browser without putting the hard disk to 100%, however this is already a problem of the application and not of Flash Player. The Farmville App is very old and is still an attractive game developed in Flash, but it has not been updated with the technological reality, which does not mean that it does not continue to be developed in Flash, but it does not keep a watch on the complaints of the users, unless they pay for it. Thanks again for everything and it was very helpful in my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, glad it worked. That you're having to repair the registry and disk issues should probably be a good warning that if you have any critical data, it's probably time to make sure you have a good working backup situation happening.  Older versions of Windows did tend to just get weird over time, and I've always been a fan of the annual start-fresh approach, because it's a pretty stark performance improvement when the registry is nice and small again.  It was a big area of focus when Microsoft built Windows 10.  It's supposed to solve a lot of those issues by addressing how software is packaged and removed.

For what it's worth, Farmville 2 is our metric for the most complex Flash application ever written. It looks like a simple game, but it's a HUGE codebase and there's a lot of crazy stuff happening under the hood.  It's really the high-water mark for what we think about as feasible in terms of commercial content and resource consumption.

If you're really maxing out disk transfer, that's probably because you're running low on system memory and are swapping memory to disk.  Disk transfer is in the neighborhood of 200,000x slower than RAM, so you want to avoid that in general.  A 32-bit process can only use 2GB of memory, and it's not uncommon to see a single tab of Farmville taking 1.2+ Gb of RAM.  A 64-bit process has a 16TB addressable memory limit, so assuming you have an adequate amount of RAM available to the system, you might see a significant reduction in disk swap by moving to a 64-bit OS and browser combination (we ship both 32 and 64-bit Flash in the same package, and will automatically use 64-bit where appropriate).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

for firefox need to play games on facebook.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines