• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 27.0.0.130 - Audio Issues

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Flash Player 27, we added support for user configurable audio output selection via Flash Player's settings dialog (see our release notes​ for additional details).  Unfortunately, this feature has caused adverse side effects for some customers that we did not encounter in our internal testing.  To resolve this as quickly as possible we are taking the following steps:

1. In our next release, scheduled for October 10th, we will roll back the user configurable audio selection to Flash Player 26 levels.  This change should immediately resolve the problem that some customers have encountered with multiple audio devices on their system.
  2. Developers that are utilizing our new AudioDeviceManager API's can continue to do so, but any changes made will be local to the SWF being run and will be lost when the Flash process ends.  It will be up to the developer to remember and restore the user settings (if applicable).
  3. We will release a beta build of Flash player in the coming days for users to test these changes against.  Beta releases can be found on labs.adobe.com.  An update to this thread will be made when the beta is available.
  4. We will revisit this feature and determine what steps need to be taken to fully correct the behavior before rereleasing it in a future build.

We thank you for your assistance and patience while we address this issue. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We released an update with the change outlined above in today's Flash Player beta update.  You can download this for ActiveX WinXP - Win7, NPAPI and PPAPI here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Download Adobe Flash Player 27 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

Please feel free to provide any feedback on this thread and we'll investigate if required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do issues include the inability of Flash to recognize my external soundcard when I'm trying to watch HBONow? UPDATE: Installed beta per instructions above; problem appears resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2017 Sep 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

flash.PNG

Still no sound input in latest Chrome 61.0 - Flash can't record audio. No audio inputs in flash. Yandex browser 17.9 (chromium) same story.

I'm trying beta version 27,0,0,154  - No luck.

Also settings page is unavailable under chrome (404) - http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

P.s. Older versions of browsers like opera 46.0 (chromium - Chrome 59) - OK! All works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2017 Oct 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a working link to the settings manager:

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

Where did that link that you're using come from?  I'm wondering if we have a bad link in one of the localized websites or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i get this link http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

Fom Flash Player on web page > Right click > Global settings

So this is a bug.

Version 27.0.0.159 still get no sound inputs in chrome 61 @ Windows 10 64bit.
Any fix for that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, that bad link is a bug, but it definitely doesn't happen for all users.  I get the right link, but my locale is en_US. 

Can you tell me what country you're in, and/or what your system language is set to?  I'm pretty sure that it's a problem in a localized string.

In terms of the audio dialog, Chrome is unfortunately pretty complicated. 

• Chrome will not tell Flash Player that audio or camera devices exist until you've authorized Flash Player to have access to the camera and microphone.
  • Chrome will only prompt you to authorize Flash Player to have access to the camera and microphone after you've accessed Flash content that attempts to access the camera and microphone.
  • Until you attempt to access the camera/microphone in Flash *and* them click the allow dialog in Chrome, the dropdowns in the Flash settings menu will be empty, because Chrome provides Flash Player with an empty list of camera and microphone devices.

Hope that makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home location RU. Windows UI set to En. RU as second laguage.
So no chanse to have audio input in new chrome versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audio input selection works in Chrome now, but only after you allow Chrome to provide Flash Player access to your camera and microphone.

Unless you have allowed Chrome to give Flash Player access to your camera and microphone, Chrome tells Flash Player that you do not have a camera or microphone.  This is why those drop-down menus are empty.

This is Chrome's restriction, and is unlikely to change.  Other browsers provide a better experience in this regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris.campbell​

Is the fix still scheduled for October 10th? I did not see it in the list of patches scheduled for tomorrows release. Please confirm the date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are we talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

edit: Windows 10 and Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fix was released today.  If you installed the beta release, you'll first need to uninstall it prior to installing the stable-channel release.  Go to Uninstall Flash Player for Windows to downlod the uninstaller.

For Windows 7 go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the latest version. Note the page auto-detects the OS and browser and offers the compatible Flash Player for the OS/browser combination.

For Windows 8.1 and 10 - Microsoft manages the release channel and distributes Flash Player updates via Windows Updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have sound issues on my mac and safari when trying to stream sound through my bluetooth speaker (Beoplay A2 Active). The sounds is chopping and shortly after the streaming stops and tries to buffer. Seems like the bluetooth connection interferes with flash player.

Flashplayer was updated yesterday to version 27.0.0.159

macOS Sierra: 10.12.6

Any thoughts?

Brgds

Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player doesn't know about the bluetooth speaker.  It just sends audio to the operating system's multimedia subsystems, which handle the details.

The range on bluetooth isn't great, particularly in real-world situations where you have obstructions and other wireless devices (phones, wifi, etc.) in close proximity.

There's not really anything you're going to do from Flash Player to help with the performance of your bluetooth speaker, but I bet that if you move the speaker and computer close to each other and remove phones and other radios, you'll see good performance.  Moving the speaker away slowly until the audio connection drops should give you a good idea of what the actual range is in your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks. I'll try it out. I don't think it has something to do with distance. Maybe too much interference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep.  Reducing the distance between the objects reduces the opportunity for interference and increases signal strength by virtue of proximity.  If the connection if flaky in the current location, but it's solid when the objects are a few inches apart, then you have a clear idea that the source of the problem is the wireless connection, and not software.  If the problem persists when the objects are close together, and they're a few feet away from the nearest router, cellphone or microwave oven, then we might start talking about how to inspect the software angle by trying different pieces of software..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeromiec83223024​, chris.campbell​,

We are not seeing the windows 10/8.1 update in Windows Update. We DO see the Windows 7 release. Also, if you look at the Adobe site HERE it shows that the Windows 8.1/10 flash player version has not changed. We are specifically needing the embedded flash player for Internet Explorer/Edge. Can you confirm that Microsoft has/will release this patch today?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the official statement, from the release notes here:

Release Notes Flash Player 27 AIR 27

With this monthly Flash Player update addressing functionality bugs, Flash Player for Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 will not be updated on "Patch Tuesday", October 10th. This update will instead be released by Microsoft later this month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jeromiec83223024​. Is it possible to send a link so I can download the bits early? My company has a huge webcast event (relying on flash) in a couple weeks and it will be an absolute disaster without the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Microsoft controls the installation vector in this instance.  We don't have the ability to distribute discrete installers.

I wouldn't panic yet if you're ~3 weeks out, but I also can't quote you firm release dates (especially since they're not dates within our control).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jeromiec83223024​. If you have any info on release dates, please send me an update. Meanwhile I will send a note to our contacts at MS and see what I can find out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, sorry I can't be more transparent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines