• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 27.0.0.187 hangs on IE

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After our Flash Player was upgraded into 27.0.0.187, our internal system that was made using Flash Builder tends to hang for about 10 seconds and then starts working again. This happens randomly and only in Internet Explorer. I have no issues using this in Chrome, but with IE and Firefox.

It hangs/halts to the extent that IE shows the message that the page is nor responding and then it decides to load.

The site was working perfectly fine before this upgrade version.

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a widespread issue that I'm aware of.  I'd recommend profiling the application under Adobe Scout to figure out where the application is spending that time.  That might provide some useful clues as to what's not working as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Flash Player got updated into 28.0.0.126 a couple of days ago after I started this discussion.

Even after the upgrade, we are still experiencing the same issue.

As suggested, I have installed Adobe Scout, but I'm not sure what to do next.

Do I have to send you some outputs of the Scout Files?

Looking at the Scout output, it shows how the swf files are loaded, as well as the Actions performed.

Those results seem pretty normal, as there is no difference between when running in Chrome or IE.

The issue we are having is with IE only when browsing between pages.

These pages were built using Flash Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a publicly accessible link, I'd be happy to take a look.  If I can reproduce it, it should be pretty easy to determine whether or not it's the result of something we've changed.  You may also want to confirm that the problem does *not* reproduce in the previous public releases of Flash Player (Flash generally updates at the same time as the browser and the OS, so disambiguation is helpful).

Archived Adobe Flash Player versions

If you can't provide a link that demonstrates the issue, and your organization has an enterprise support agreement with Adobe, your named support representative would be the appropriate person to help dig into this problem with you.

You might also want to take a look with a web debugging proxy to see if there are network requests that are causing the page load to hang.

Flex reached its end of life in 2011, and was since handed over the Apache project, which maintains the Flex framework.  While we try to maintain backwards compatibility, Flex does have some pathological cases where performance is poor.  We're not really positioned to disassemble and address issues in a large Flex project outside of that enterprise support relationship, but my sense is that this is a problem in client code.  It may have been exacerbated by a recent change, but you're the only organization I'm aware of that's complaining about this at the moment.  When we break enterprise content at a wide scale, it usually generates a large volume of support requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested on previous version of Flash Player and I had no issues.

The previous version I tested is 26.0.0.151

I can provide you access to our system, but I'll have to share with you log in information.

If possible, you could remotely access to one of our computers and I could show you.

Whatever suits you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 21, 2017 Dec 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I probably should have asked, but what version of Windows are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines