• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 27 Audio Output

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2017 Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have discovered (as a byproduct of having issues) that Flash 27 has its own audio output settings. The problem is, that when we plug into a projector via HDMI, it's still outputting flash audio to the default device...which is the internal laptop speakers. All other system audio is going to the projector, as expected. Is there a way to shut that feature off? Ideally I'd love it be done via the mms.cfg file, but I don't see anything in the admin guide regarding those settings.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see 'Support Audio Output Selection in Flash Player' in the Flash Player 27 release notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the reply, and the link. I had already read those details before posting. The problem is that once a computer is plugged into a projector, a new audio device is introduced. Flash keeps falling back on the internal laptop speakers. Staff will have to change this setting constantly, as they connect/disconnect to/from the projectors daily. Flash is not smart enough to know that "Hey, I'm on the projector now, let's use that as the default." We are talking about 1,500 laptops here in a 29 school district. I'd like to completely disable this feature, make it unavailable, back to Flash 26 behavior, no audio options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information.

Please file a bug at https://tracker.adobe.com so that this issue can be assigned and investigated further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.  This is very much on our radar, and we're thinking along similar lines.  I don't have a precise ETA at this time, but I expect that we'll have an improved implementation available in the beta channel in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update on this? I'm having this problem with Flash picking audio output randomly, unpredictably, instead of using the system audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  We have an updated beta build in the pipeline that will fix this.  Assuming everything goes well on the testing front, it should land mid-week next week.

You can get beta builds here:
http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem, Flash is ignoring the global audio preference and playing the sound out of my mac mini's internal speaker.  This is despite the fact that it is permanently connected to my TV. 

A further aggravation is the fact that ABC iview blocks the flash setting menu so I can't change it back.  I have to go to another site that play's flash and change the setting there.

This change seems to be a bug rather than a feature. You should always respect the system preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, it's a bug.  We've already fixed it. 

You can pick up the fix in the latest beta build, here: http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta

The fix will be shipped to everyone in our October update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines