• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 27 (firefox) crashing codecs (Linux)

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested on the latest updated versions of Ubuntu, Fedora. CentOS and Manjaro (all 64 bit)

By default the Linux distos updater's install Firefox 52.3.0 (64 bit) and Adobe Flash Plugin 27.

Issue:   When visiting Flash heavy websites, whilst flash is active all locally installed media players (Totem, SMPlayer & VLC (although plays no sound)) load media but will not play.   As soon as the Flash website is closed, media playback starts.

Only workaround I can find:

Removing Adobe Flash Plugin 27 (.so plugin) and replacing with a previous version, eg version 26 (.so plugin) instead

I retried installing Adobe Flash Plugin 27 but problem re-occurred.  thought deduction I have concluded Flash Plugin 27 as the problem.   Is Adobe aware, when will a patched version to address this problem be released?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Mark as assumed Answered?"  What does this mean?   I wanted this to be logged a a fault with the Linux flash plug-in but i've not heard anything.

What has happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Mark as assumed Answered?"  What does this mean?

Some sort of forums setting.  Not sure.  We've had users ask about it, but haven't received a definitive answer on what it is.

I wanted this to be logged a a fault with the Linux flash plug-in but i've not heard anything.

forums.adobe.com are a user-to-user forum and staff participate when they can between their normal workload.  forums.adobe.com is not an appropriate medium to file bugs.  To file a bug go to https://tracker.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before you file a bug, please try our beta, here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta

There's a decent chance that this is already fixed.

If that doesn't help, please be sure to give us a good set of, step-by-step repro steps that produce this behavior consistently for you.  We definitely want to get it looked at, and that will definitely help to speed things along.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines