• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 29.0.0.140 not working on some, but not all, sites

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2013 Macbook Pro, have used flash obviously a lot over the last few years.

There is one specific site I've used flash on my macbook pro on before with no problems. Now I can't use flash on it on any browser (primary is chrome, but I tried Safari and Firefox as well.)

Basically when I open the site, there normally is a box I can click on to run flash, I hit trust or run, and then it runs. However, I cannot see that box anymore on this one specific site. I've disabled adblock, and allowed flash on chrome, but I keep getting the puzzle piece in my address bar (the one that says "flash blocked"). When I click that and hit "run flash" or "allow", it doesn't change anything.

An interesting note is that if I open the site incognito, I see the box that I can click to run flash. However, I click the box, hit allow, and then the box disappears and I'm back to square one.

Note that I've tried other websites like homestarrunner and can run flash perfectly fine on those sites.

Also when I right click where the box should be for flash I get "movie not loaded..."

I've tried: Updating Chrome, Redownloading flash, restarting chrome, restarting my computer, wiping cookies and cache, allowing flash player on the site, so much stuff, and nothing is working.

Help??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Chrome, if you click the info/secure icon to the left of the site in the address bar, you can choose to always allow Flash to run from there.  Then you should be able to refresh the page.

If that doesn't work, the content provider may need to change the site to conform to the latest browser changes.  Keep in mind that this isn't something the browser is imposing on Flash Player.  We don't have any way to work around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already tried that, it doesn't really change anything. It's weird because I've used the site in the past and know many friends and coworkers who can use it even with the new update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood.  Without a URL that demonstrates the problem, I can't really give you any useful feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines