Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 30 crashes when audio input is changed

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Internet Explorer to watch TV on a website (SFR TV, french internet access provider).

I use a software called "Audio Router" to route the sound from Internet Explorer to my TV.

And I set my audio input in Windows to my speakers, so I can play games with sound on speakers, and have TV in the background with sound on the TV.

My issue is simple : when I change the audio input in Windows 10 settings (to switch between my speakers, my headphones or my TV), it makes Internet Explorer close and open again if it is opened on a web page with Flash content
And if I try to route the sound with the software, the issue appears too.

audiomenu.jpg

The issue is not present with Flash Player 29. I uninstall the update 30 almost every day to avoid this issue, but it will be annoying to do this until the next release.

I blocked the update in Adobe Flash Player general settings, but the update comes from Windows Update.

Is there a way to block this update, or to solve the issue ?

• Windows 10 Pro v1803
  • Internet Explorer v11.112.17134.0
  • Flash Player 30

Edit : I found an error report in Event Viewer, I don't know if it can help :

Name of the failed application:  IEXPLORE.EXE, version : 11.0.17134.1, timestamp : 0x6639744d

Name of the failed module : Flash.ocx, version : 30.0.0.113, timestamp : 0x5b11dffb

Exception code : 0xc0000005

Error offset : 0x0035d2aa

ID of the failed process : 0x4f0

Start time of the failed software : 0x01d406289d3cbbdd

Path of the failed software  : C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

Path of the failed module :  C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

Report ID : 0c226f08-b6ae-4878-9503-3f2a149bee57

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

The issue is more-or-less solved since I updated my nVidia Graphic driver (it includes an audio driver too)

It seems to no longer crash on Chrome, but I can reproduce it on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.  Please see the FAQ Report a Flash Player crash or error to file a bug.  Include the entire crash dump file in the bug record.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll do the crash dump after the next forced update by Windows, it's not the case today (lucky me).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what you posted above, this is Internet Explorer crashing, not Flash Player.  Flash Player runs out of process in IE 11, so we shouldn't be able to take down the host process, and our crash would be clearly labeled as being in our executable.  This may be fallout from a recent IE update, since we all tend to ship updates on Patch Tuesday.

If you can get an actual crash dump, I'd be happy to pass it along to Microsoft; however, Edge is really the browser that they're focused on these days.  IE primarily exists to service their enterprise customers, and is seen as legacy software.  If you see the same crash in Edge, that would likely get higher prioritization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, "if in doubt, reboot" is still fantastic advice.  It may have just been some freaky condition where you were running tabs that had instances of Flash before the update, and tabs with instances of Flash after the update, and the third-party input switcher was operating on stale pointers or something. 

We used to make you close the browser during an upgrade, but that's super inconvenient when you have 30 tabs open.  The downside to that is that forcing you to exit eliminated the possibility of all of these kinds of "in-between" states where you have old and new copies of the plugin coexisting in memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Did you try to turn it off and on ?" We are not in IT Crowd...

The update installed itself again this night, I will be able to make some test now.

For exemple, I tried right now with Edge, and, oh, it's magic, it crashes too when I change the audio input.

Nom de l’application défaillante MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version : 11.0.17134.112, horodatage : 0x5b1a453b

Nom du module défaillant : Flash.ocx, version : 30.0.0.113, horodatage : 0x5b11dc02

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000003ae720

ID du processus défaillant : 0x6d8

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d40a455e173ab5

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

ID de rapport : fba08df0-5969-4581-9c41-36964220daef

Nom complet du package défaillant : Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_42.17134.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : BCHost

I think I am able to make all my 4 web navigator, always because of the flash.ocx

The problem is not present if I uninstall the Flash update, then it is a problem with Flash, nothing else !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested with a Flash game on a random site, to delete the answer "it comes from the website where you are", and it is the same issue, the game is freezed after I changed the Audio input.

Nom de l’application défaillante MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe, version : 11.0.17134.112, horodatage : 0x5b1a453b

Nom du module défaillant : Flash.ocx, version : 30.0.0.113, horodatage : 0x5b11dc02

Code d’exception : 0xc0000005

Décalage d’erreur : 0x00000000003ad092

ID du processus défaillant : 0xf7c

Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d40a479dd41fa0

Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe

Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx

ID de rapport : 29a411e4-1dbe-489a-8685-fb7b5c01150b

Nom complet du package défaillant : Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_42.17134.1.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe

ID de l’application relative au package défaillant : BCHost

I'll make the crash dump procedure

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is the procedure only for Firefox and Chrome on Windows 10.

I tested Flash games with Firefox : Firefox doesn't crash, but the Flash game crashes when I change the audio input, but no crash dump

I tested Flash games with Chrome : OK, no problem when I switch the audio input = no crash dump

The best solution so far is to uninstall the update, again and again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I added the bug to the Adobe system.

For now, I go to uninstall this update, again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

an idea, maybe you have a software using the sound card in background?

it happened to me and indeed it was not crashing FP before version 30

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2018 Jun 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Realtek HD Sound software running. I'll try to disable it next time to see.
Thanks for the advice.
I think it is maybe related to sound too, I'll try to update my graphic card to update the nVidia audio driver too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is more-or-less solved since I updated my nVidia Graphic driver (it includes an audio driver too)

It seems to no longer crash on Chrome, but I can reproduce it on Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines