• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 30 in PowerPoint

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently updated to Flash Player 30 and suddenly am unable to use or embed swf content in PowerPoint (Office 365). I just get errors that 'Some controls on this presentation can't be activated. They might not be registered on this computer'. When attempting to embed new swf content using the Shockwave Flash Object I get an error 'System Error &H80004005'. Everything was working fine with Flash Player 29.

It looks to me like the ActiveX is being blocked in PowerPoint. Is there any way to enable it. My security settings within PowerPoint have not changed between version 29 working and now.

We have a large number of products which embed flash content within PowerPoint presentations and we would appreciate some guidance on how to fix this.

Thanks,

Tim

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2018 Jun 14, 2018

There are security-related changes in Flash Player 30, setting Flash 'Click to Play' in Microsoft Office.  Per the Flash Player 30 Release Notes:

Flash Player "Click to Play" Microsoft Office Support

Starting with Flash Player 30, existing “click to play” functionality for Microsoft Office version 2007 and earlier now applies to all Microsoft Office versions where Flash is allowed to run.

Additionally, Microsoft has also blocked Flash Player (and Silverlight and Shockwave Player) in Office 365. Pl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are security-related changes in Flash Player 30, setting Flash 'Click to Play' in Microsoft Office.  Per the Flash Player 30 Release Notes:

Flash Player "Click to Play" Microsoft Office Support

Starting with Flash Player 30, existing “click to play” functionality for Microsoft Office version 2007 and earlier now applies to all Microsoft Office versions where Flash is allowed to run.

Additionally, Microsoft has also blocked Flash Player (and Silverlight and Shockwave Player) in Office 365. Please refer to the following:

It's recommended to find alternate solutions to embedded SWF in PowerPoint (Office products in general).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly does this mean

Does this mean its blocked now and you have to unblock using instructions below?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/flash-silverlight-and-shockwave-controls-blocked-in-office-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria gave you complete instructions.

You'll need to follow Microsoft's directions to unblock Flash in Office 365.  The link is in Maria's post above.

At that point, Flash Player will run, but it will prompt you every time first (you have to click it before it will play, i.e. "click to play").  If you also want to disable our prompt, the directions are in our release notes.  Maria also posted that link above.

Also, we'd recommend simply not embedding Flash content into Office documents.  This might be a good reason to take the time to find a native solution to whatever you're doing that currently requires embedding Flash. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria, (please excuse my speeling):

Thank's for your solution.

I strongly recommend, deinstall the Windows Update in section Microsoft Windows named Security Update for Adobe Flash Player, combined with the RegEdit modifications.

Thanks, everything works Super!! again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Maria, Yes that was the solution. I was mistaken in assuming that my issue was linked to the Flash 30 windows update. It isn't, it's due to the Office 365 update blocking Flash.

Thanks for your help in fixing this.

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines