Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 32.0.0.142 fails in SCUP installation

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

Adobe Flash Player 32.0.0.142 fails to install when using SCUP. It reports error 0x80070667 on my machines, which translates to INVALID_COMMAND_LINE, for both my Win7 and Win10 machines.

Can this be checked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We'll need to obtain some information from you to investigate further. Please provide the following:

1. What is the command line arguments you are using to deploy Flash Player?
  2. Provide the Flash Player install log file and a MSI install log file with Verbose & Extra debugging information (vx) options enabled from the same machine for the same installation attempt.
    1. The Flash Player install log file(s) are saved at:
      1. 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log
      2. 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall64.log AND C:\Windows\sysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashInstall32.log - both files are required from a 64-bit OS
  3. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud​), or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access
  4. If you've modified the catalog (e.g. via Transform file) upload the catalog & transform file you're using
  5. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply
    1. Do not post the contents of the log files in this forum post.  The files are too long and verbose to post here and will only clutter the post.

Flash Player 32.0.0.142 was released on Feb 12.  This is the first post on these forums of an installation issue with the SCUP catalog.  This usually indicates an issue on the server/client end and not indicative of an issue with the SCUP catalog.  Please ensure you are deploying the catalog correctly.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

We are using the built-in Third-Party Software Update Catalogs from SCCM to import the catalogue from Adobe. As such, there is no other configuration possible other than what is coming from the catalogue directly. It doesn't trigger the installation either, as it already comes up with Invalid Command Line.

No modification was done on it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "built-in Third-Party Software Update Catalogs"  mean?

What third party software are you using to obtain the SCUP catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

I'm talking about a feature in SCCM Current Branch found here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/sum/deploy-use/third-party-software-updates

Therefore, all I do is add this URL into the Custom Catalog and Subscribe to it:

https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog.cab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying.

The SCUP catalogs have been the same for many years.  The only difference in each release is updated MSI GUIDs and Security Bulletin ID.

Is this the first time you attempt to deploy Flash Player in this manner?

If you've successfully deployed the SCUP catalog in the past, has anything changed in your environment between the last successful deployment and this deployment?

What process is reporting the Windows error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,

Sorry for the late reply, it was outside office hours. Yes, this is the first time we are deploying Flash in this manner. Before that, we used the .exe files to install it. We are deploying Acrobat and Reader successfully in this manner however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update.

Please provide the previously requested information (comments #1 & #5)

We have many customers that use SCCM to deploy Flash Player and none have reported this issue.  Please ensure your environment is configured correctly.  The Flash Player Admin Guide contains a section on SCCM/SCUP catalog deployment (chapter 3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

I've read the admin guide and followed the steps, but your document is outdated where it still refers to SMS 2003/2007.

1. What is the command line arguments you are using to deploy Flash Player?
    1. No specific command line other than what is included in the CAB file. I can't see it, so I don't know.
  2. Provide the Flash Player install log file and a MSI install log file with Verbose & Extra debugging information (vx) options enabled from the same machine for the same installation attempt.
    1. It doesn't start the installation, so no logs are captured.

1. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud), or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access
  2. If you've modified the catalog (e.g. via Transform file) upload the catalog & transform file you're using
    1. I have not modified anything from the catalog or the CAB file.
  3. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply
    1. Do not post the contents of the log files in this forum post.  The files are too long and verbose to post here and will only clutter the post.
    2. Dropbox - 8B1A09CFF4E1B83D1BEA93E04E5231007D9E1EAB.cab

Thank you for clarifying.

The SCUP catalogs have been the same for many years.  The only difference in each release is updated MSI GUIDs and Security Bulletin ID.

Is this the first time you attempt to deploy Flash Player in this manner? Yes

If you've successfully deployed the SCUP catalog in the past, has anything changed in your environment between the last successful deployment and this deployment? I have not successfully deployed this SCUP catalog.

What process is reporting the Windows error? ​Software Center/Config Mgr Client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update and providing the CAB file.

Regarding the cab file you provided - this isn't Adobe's catalog file.  The file you provided contains the MSI installer and is signed by WSUS Publishers self-signed.  Adobe's catalog files contain XML files consumed by WSUS (for SCUP) or SMS (ITCU/CUPT).

In a previous comment you said you used the URL https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog.cab, but this is for the SMS (ITCU/CUPT) catalog, not the SCUP catalog. I apologize I missed this earlier.

Please download the SCUP catalog​, or use the URL for the SCUP catalog, https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/distribution/win/AdobeFlashPlayerCatalog_SCUP.cab,  and see if that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Maria,

Sorry to drag this up again, but I was finally able to work on this further. When using the URL that you provided for me, it is not giving me any new products at all. It did gave me a new Vendor tag (simply called "Adobe") but no products are being synced to it.

I'm not sure if this is therefore the right URL as I am now not getting anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines