• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 9 on Mac 10.11.6 won't update to Flash 27 (even though install completes)

Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there fellow flash experts. I'm having a problem with my mother's Macbook Pro. She wants to use a CD for her English lessons and the CD requires Flashplayer. The only problem is the CD does not load correctly. CD was published in 2010.

So I decide to check the version and it gives me Flashplayer 9. The copyright goes up to 2007.

I tried to update flash, downloaded from Adobe website. Install completed successfully. Even in chrome my version is 27. However, the flash player when using the CD is only version 9. Am I missing something here?

I then proceeded to use the uninstall program that Adobe provided for my Mac version. I completely uninstalled with the image file and reinstalled Flashplayer, but Flashplayer 9 did not go away!

Why is that?

When I check Flash Player Help it says that Flashplayer is not installed on my system.

I feel like pulling my hair out here. I'm a Windows user, have been for years, so it's a bit harder to get used to a Mac.

Can anyone help out? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that you're probably going to need to find a current version of this software.  I can only guess about how they integrated Flash Player into their application.  Also, you're going to want the latest version of Flash Player.  It's backwards-compatible.

My guess is that you need Flash Player working in Safari, as they've probably embedded a Safari window into their application.

If you launch Safari and download Flash Player, we'll give you the right installer:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

You may also need to enable Flash Player:

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

If that doesn't work, you may need to just find a current copy of the software.  Apple is pretty aggressive about changing APIs, and the application may just need an update in order to continue to run on current MacOS versions...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines