• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player and ColdFusion

Explorer ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With Flah being EOL, I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on a problem that I have.  I have an older application written in ColdFusion 9 that is used in conjunction with a web camera to take pictures to make licensing badges.  Since Flash is being blocked we can't make badges; is there another product that I could use or some programming that I could add to get around using Flash?

TOPICS
Browser , End of life , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

At this point in 2021, you can definitely access the webcam via JavaScript.  That would be the best method, assuming you want to make badge photos from a web-based application.  If you have a developer with the right skillsets (ColdFusion and modern JavaScript), it's probably not super hard.  If you're starting with zero knowledge, that's probably a tough learning curve.

There are some options for keeping legacy Flash content working on an intranet. 

You can find more about those options, here

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At this point in 2021, you can definitely access the webcam via JavaScript.  That would be the best method, assuming you want to make badge photos from a web-based application.  If you have a developer with the right skillsets (ColdFusion and modern JavaScript), it's probably not super hard.  If you're starting with zero knowledge, that's probably a tough learning curve.

There are some options for keeping legacy Flash content working on an intranet. 

You can find more about those options, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

You'll also need to check out the Enteprise Enablement section, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines