Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Application Initialisation Error

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system - Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6

Web browser and version – On Chrome as flash installed by default, but Safari 11.1 says no flash installed

Flash Player version – NONE

Was trying to update my flash player, but it wasn't working. Uninstalled it completely, even CS4 Flash in case that was causing issues. Tried to reinstall it, even using the suggested 'offline' version to no avail. Previously, the Install Manager would quit unexpectedly without even properly opening the installer. However, now, even after closing all browsers, I open the package "AdobeFlashPlayer_29_ast_install.dmg", and run the installer, but it comes up with "Application Initialisation Error".

The "Finish" button takes me to the troubleshooting for installation guide but nothing has worked.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 5.45.02 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Thank you for clarifying and providing the crash log file.  The crash log shows Symantec may be interfering with the installation process.  Can you please either whitelist the installer in Symantec, or temporarily disable Symantec and try running the offline installer again?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

even using the suggested 'offline' version to no avail.

What happens when you attempt to use the offline installer?

For the online installer, that is returning the application initialization error, are you:

• extracting the app from the mounted DMG, for example, extracting it to the desktop?  If so, launch the application directly from the mounted DMG without extracting it.
  • using a proxy server?  While the online installer should work with a proxy server, sometimes it returns an error.  To investigate further please provide the Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log files saved at ~/Library/Logs (user's Library directory, not system Library).  Upload the files to Document Clout using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud  or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require account login to access.  Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to use the offline installer, it crashes with this message almost as soon as I launch the installer. Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 9.00.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure how to launch the DMG without mounting it.

What I mean is, if after mounting the DMG, are you moving (dragging) the APP installer to some other location, for example, the desktop?

I'm not familiar with the error in the log file and will need to forward it to the team that handles the online installer.

For the offline installer crashing, please provide the crash log file saved at ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both moving it to the desktop and opening it within the mount. Both have the same consequence.

Here is the crash log for the offline installer: Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clarifying and providing the crash log file.  The crash log shows Symantec may be interfering with the installation process.  Can you please either whitelist the installer in Symantec, or temporarily disable Symantec and try running the offline installer again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! Symantec was an old program that wasn't in use anymore. When I eventually found the terminal command that actually worked to uninstall all traces of it, the offline version worked straight away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

It's possible Symantec was also interfering with the functionality of the online installer and causing that to fail as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines