• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player automatically takes over my computer and downloads installer

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS 10.14.1 and the latest Safari browser.

I will be online responding to a forum I frequent and all of a sudden the Flash Player will take over my computer and begin installing the the installer to my downloads folder even though I have not authorized it to do so.  Even though a window pops up with selections, I have no opportunity to make any selections or cancel it as it will start the install process immediately.  If I try to get back to the work I was doing, it begins an endless loop and will often install numerous copies of the installer dmg (eg., Player.dmg, Player-1.dmg, Player-2.dmg).

The installer is behaving just like bloatware and has caused me to lose work a number of times since it completely takes over my computer.

How do I stop this as it is frustrating.

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

it's certainly a malware that imitate flash installer, you should report this website to adobe asap

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's certainly a malware that imitate flash installer, you should report this website to adobe asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The file names are definitely not official Flash Player file names.  Sounds like malware, as the other OP mentioned.

You can report the website directly to phishing@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines