Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player availablity

Participant ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.i  would  ask  you  :

1)  I  have  installed google  chrome.Also  i  have installed  an  extension  of  flash  (the  first  one)playerhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/flash%20player?hl=el

Also  i  have  downlaoded  the  desktop  app from adobe  site.The  latest d ays  appears  a  message  that  flash  player  will not be available  after  december  2020.My  question  is : this has to do  with  adobe  flash  player  desktop  app?with  chrome  extension?with  all?

2)If  so what can i use instead  of  flash  player?Is  there  any alternative?

3)I  am  not  σθρε about  the  usage  of  flash  player.So far I see  that i  need  flash  player  for  opening  online  flip  books  and  these  stuffs.What  exactly  is  its  use?

TOPICS
End of life , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

1) I don't know which desktop app you mean. Flash Player is only a browser extension,.

Flash Player is closing down and so is browser support.

2) There is no alternative.

3) Some web sites need it. Some flip books might need it. The people who made these web sites have had 3 years to change what they do, and if they still have not converted, expect that they will soon stop working forever. Plan accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Flash Player - you have downloaded it - is ONLY a browser extension. Nothing else. No app. No SWF player. Only a browser extension. So I don't know what you are talking about, but everything Flash is going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Here's the announcement from 2017 with background, along with correpsonding announcements and roadmaps from major browser developers: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) I don't know which desktop app you mean. Flash Player is only a browser extension,.

Flash Player is closing down and so is browser support.

2) There is no alternative.

3) Some web sites need it. Some flip books might need it. The people who made these web sites have had 3 years to change what they do, and if they still have not converted, expect that they will soon stop working forever. Plan accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  mean  this  :https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/  i  have  installed  to  my  c  drive  i  don't  mean  the  google  chrome extension.And  why  adobe  do  it  that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player - you have downloaded it - is ONLY a browser extension. Nothing else. No app. No SWF player. Only a browser extension. So I don't know what you are talking about, but everything Flash is going away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok  thank  you.And  why adobe  discontinue  flash , shockwave  e.t.c?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Es muy lamentable más aún en vista de la cantidad de recursos interactivos digitales que los maestros de todo el mundo estamos usando para llevarles a nuestros estudiantes los conocimientos. Y toda esa base de recursos a los que podíamos acceder con el flash ya no podremos cuando más lo necesitamos desde el aprendizaje remoto. Noimporta si llevan 3 años avisandolo pero el COVID 19 no nos dió aviso para llegar tenemos que vivier con el ... por que no podemos entonces vivir con el Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the announcement from 2017 with background, along with correpsonding announcements and roadmaps from major browser developers: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank  you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the easiest and safest way for somebody who doesn't know a whole lot about computers to access content on websites which use Flash?  Can you guys recognize that it is your responsibility to mediate this problem, not the responsibility of every single website on the internet?  How can the consumer base get through to the company and make them understand that they made a terrible mistake when they took away Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not easy and not safe. Flash had proved itself unsafe, so I think Adobe/Google/Micrsoft/Apple and the others took the only responsible step: to get rid of it and also stop people who don't understand the issues from easily putting themselves in harms way. People seem more than willing to risk their life savings to play a game, so they just have to stop them. I imagine that's just how the argument goes. Meanwhile Google are slowly closing down more and more of the internet which doesn't follow the latest safety standards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys have any engineers employed who you could pay to fix these security issues?  That seems like a more productive solution than crying about the fact that your customers want what they want rather than wanting what you want them to want.  Perhaps, if these games are important to the consumer base, you have an opportunity to make yourselves some money from the consumer demand which exists whether you like it or not?  You're not going to be able to magically make people stop caring about their games just because you think they should care less about them.  That's just not how human interest works.  If you look, you might find that you have engineers on your payroll who could create a new version of flash which doesn't have these security issues, since consumer demands don't tend to just disappear simply because the people who work for Adobe Customer Service don't share the same interests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Do you guys..." I guess shows you think you are having a conversation in this "Community forum" with people who work for Adobe. Even if you were, do you think decision makers come to these forums? I know why you're angry, but this isn't going to change things any more than complaining to your friends in the park. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines