Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player blocked in Chrome on Windows XP

Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needing some help. I'm using Google Chrome and Adobe Flash keeps saying it's blocked and asks to "run one time". I've updated Flash to it's latest version, updated Chrome, changed my settings on the "critical security download" page it sent me to. I don't know what else to do. I've even reset my Chrome settings. Nothing works. Can I have a direct download link to this fix? Thank you. I even downloaded the Beta just now and it's still blocking me.

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what operating system, including version is this on?

which version of Chrome do you have?

Unless you received an error during installation you have the latest version, 27.0.0.170, installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue and i can not make it go away please send me a link or something to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows XP. All updated as much as possible.

The Adobe Flash says this :

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 22.0.0.209 Download Critical Security Update

And when I do, it takes me here...

Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

I've done all it says. Still not working.

As for Chrome version :  Version 49.0.2623.112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For issues with Chrome on XP or Vista see  cannot update Flash, Chrome on WinXP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google stopped supporting Chrome for Windows XP. If you are using Windows XP then upgrade to latest one like Windows 10. You can add the website to the list of websites which have to load Flash by default. Run Flash only on the trusted websites. You can see how to enable Flash Player in Chrome. If you continue to face the problem then reply back here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. My question is now, why was it working last week fine and not now? Why force someone to use an operating system they don't like when they should not have to. They are the ones at fault here for the "security update" breach. I'm the one being punished. I appreciate the help though.

Still doesn't explain why it still works if it "runs one time". Should it not work at all? Or go back to the way it was?

But thanks all the same. It's an annoyance only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google wants content developers to rather use HTML 5 content than Flash content. Both the Flash & Windows XP has security problems. Even Adobe wants to kill Flash.

Adobe patches Flash bug used for planting spying tools

Adobe to kill off Flash plug-in by 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.

Am I really supposed to buy a new computer and upgrade my operating system right now to avoid this nonsensical problem?

And no warning ahead of time?

This is truly a crap attitude by both Google and Adobe!

Yes, I will say what I want in this situation.

Oh, please fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not take any action to block Flash Player on Windows XP.  Chrome has not supported XP since 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted how to patch Chrome to update its internal Flash version number. After this it doesn’t complain anymore about Flash being outdated. See my post in this thread:

How to Install Flash in Vista w/ Chrome Browser??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the comments. You can close this thread. For some unknown reason, Flash is no longer blocked, no more pop ups, delays or anything. Still stuck on 21 not 27, but everything works, so not complaining. If it happens again, upgrading to Windows 7 begrudingly. Thanks again for all your help. It corrected itself on it's own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  seemed to have corrected my problem atleast i  ran "Glary utilities "  just google it  . i already had this installed on my computer so it just took a while for it to run and correct numerous problems then i restarted my computer and the error message was gone  . I hope this helps someone else it worked for me    thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Erin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem, tried the workaround m vargas posted without success, but suddenly chrome stopped complaining a few days later.  I am still using v 20 of flash.  XP did an auto update in between, which is the only thing I know of that changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2018 Feb 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In June 2017 I posted a comprehensive step-by-step guide (with pictures) on how to update Flash Player (PepperFlash) for Google Chrome on Windows XP.

Part of that solution includes changing the version number on the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Fox\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\28.0.0.137

(​You must replace "Stephen Fox" above with whatever the name of your user account name is.)

After pasting the updated file in that folder, the version number must be updated, otherwise the chrome:\\plugins flag will not correctly detect the correct version of the plugin that is inside the folder.

Here is what I believe to be the simplest procedure for updating Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want to install these versions urgently:

Adobe Flash Player 31 Active 31.0.0.148

Google Chrome 70.03538.102

Google Chrome Beta 71.0.3578.53

Thanks

Antoinette

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

google stopped to update chrome for windows XP,

the last compatible version is 49.0.2623.112

however you can force to update Flash by downloading the PPAPI version

but be aware that some glitches will certainly appear since chrome is not updated anymore.

Personally I did it for my development work and sometimes it crashes due to different audio input management from

the last Flash version and the old chrome version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

antoinette lloyd​

As Robert noted in his reply, Google Chrome 49.0.2623.112 is the final version for Windows XP.

It still works quite well and you can download the full installer from my FTP here: http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/EOL/ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe

The current of Adobe Flash Player from Google Chrome is 31.0.0.153, you can download it from my FTP here: http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/EOL/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Please follow the instructions on my page here in order to update Flash Player in Chrome on XP. Chrome's auto-update mechanism no longer works on XP and you will need to update the files manually: Here is what I believe to be the simplest procedure for updating Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrom... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines