• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player blocked, prompted to download

Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled the older version and downloaded latest version, and it indicates that the download is complete, but Flash is not showing up in my applications, only the download dmg link.  I am trying to use a photo site (Smilebox) that normally allows me to download my creations, but I keep getting blocked by the message that Adobe Flash needs to be updated.  I've sent my log files in another post and am hoping for a solution, as I've followed all the recommendations from Adobe support, and they suggested I go to the community.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I moved your post to a new topic, as it's different from the topic you posted to.

Flash Player is a browser plugin, it's not an Application, thus isn't saved to the Applications directory.

All browsers disable/block Flash by default.  If the browser detects the site requires Flash, it'll prompt the user to allow/enable Flash.  If the browser can't detect the site requires Flash, it won't prompt the user to allow/enable Flash.  This communication is between the browser and the site.  Flash Player isn't involved here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html has links to troubleshoot Flash in the various supported browsers.

If the troubleshooting steps don't work, please provide the following:

• operating system, including version
  • browser, including version
  • direct link to content that isn't working
  • screenshot of error displayed when attempting to view Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines