• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player Crash on Chrome

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem as you! I did reinstall chrome and it didnt help! Shockwave Flash keeps crashing and I ask myself why does shockwave flash exist and why cant you fix that Shockwave Flash issue?

I did try Firefox and still problem with Shockwave Flash.

Do you think reinstall windows 7 should solve problem?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am running

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Google Chrome

Version 51.0.2704.84 m (64-bit)

Adobe Flash Player - Version: 21.0.0.242

Shockwave Flash 21.0 r0

I didnt install flash player because chrome includes flash plugins if I am not wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2016 Jun 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the suggested fix didn't work for you, you probably have a distinct problem.  I've branched this out to a new thread in order to give you better, personalized advice.

Please work through the video troubleshooting guide.  In particular, try disabling hardware acceleration.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

If you're still crashing all the time, is it on specific content?  Is there a link that consistently demonstrates the crash for you?

If you could follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and any additional information about what you tested and saw, that would also be useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done most of troubleshooting guide and it seems video is fine.

I discovered that site http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ crashing and it crashes twitch stream too so it affects.

I tried to use only twitch stream and it didnt crash so only that site http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/.

I will be back later and I just want to make sure if it is only mmo-champion who cause problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you disable hardware acceleration and then experience a crash afterwards?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, still crashing! I avoid that site  mmo-champion when I watch stream.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please log a bug in our bugbase Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crash from my side too, have you try on the website Service Informatique Rive-Sud | PC vaccin , i will uninstall my version and try to reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try our latest FP version 22.0.0.192 Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

Flash Player Help

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome includes flash so I already have that lastest version of adobe flash.

I add a file who you can see flash version.

http://i.imgur.com/xvevBuC.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't actually see any Flash content on the mmo-champion.com.  The content on both the front page of Twitch and embedded on mmo-champion are playing in the HTML5 player, not Flash when I view the site in Chrome.

When Flash runs out of memory in Chrome, it *will* stop all instances across all tabs, and show the Chrome crashed plug-in dialog. 

Also, the current version of Flash is 21.0.0.242.  You may need to go into Chrome > About Chrome and manually click the update button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All right, I just updated Chrome recently and it went good. Adobe Flash still running old version 22.0.0.192 and I am supposed to download lastest version of Adobe Flash or it is not needed because I am running Chrome?

I dont know quite what I am supposed to do. Get HTML5 player or not needed?

How do you know mmo-champion is playing HTML5 player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome has two ways to push out Flash updates, either by the main updater or by something called the Component Updater.  If Chrome says that there's no update available, the latest build might be available via component update. 

You can go here, and click "check for update" on Pepper Flash, which should hopefully force it to update.

chrome://components/

You can differentiate between Flash and HTML content by right-clicking on it.  If you right-click on it and it says About Flash Player in the context menu, it's Flash.  Otherwise, it's HTML, or the content provider has gone to lengths to hide the fact that they're using Flash video instead of HTML5, which some of the tech blogs like to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to chrome://components/

There are no updates for flash and when I tried to search updates and it says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2016 Dec 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In  my version of Chrome,  "55.0.2883.87 m"    one can disable Flash:

1)  Go to Settings,

2)  expose  advance setting at the bottom

3) Scroll down to and select  a rectangular button "Content Settings:"

4) In the resulting pop-up box scroll down to the word Flash and check the box to disable  Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The checkbox is actually "Always Allow To Run", which may help in some instances where Flash isn't loading otherwise.  Disabling Flash Player isn't going to help Flash content play.  If you want to disable Flash Player, you'll want to click the text link to the left, where it says Disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines