• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player crashes on Zynga games in Facebook

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2014 Sep 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, every time I try to play Zynga games on Facebook, flash player crashes it immediately or it freezes and sticks until the flash has crashed message appears. I always send in the crash reports. I see this question has been asked a lot but I could not find a recent question with tech support. I have Windows XP Professional and have tried on Chrome, Firefox and Opera with the same problems. I am told Chrome works best for Zynga games on Facebook so let's go with Chrome but if you have help for Firefox, I will take it as I would rather use Firefox. I have tried all the self help steps. Checked my version, disabled pepper, allowed for more storage, ensured plug ins are enabled. I did this step as well and got this information:flash help 2.JPG

flash help.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

There's a really good chance that this is a graphics driver bug, and yours haven't been updated since 2005.

The auto-detect tool at AMD (they bought ATI a while ago) should give you the current drivers for your graphics hardware:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Let me know how it works out, but I'm guessing this will solve it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2014 Sep 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a really good chance that this is a graphics driver bug, and yours haven't been updated since 2005.

The auto-detect tool at AMD (they bought ATI a while ago) should give you the current drivers for your graphics hardware:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Let me know how it works out, but I'm guessing this will solve it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2014 Sep 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie, first, thank you so much for the help!! I'm grateful for the quick response. Went to the link, downloaded what they offered and I got this (see my ss). Any other suggestions? Zynga sent me back a reply with no solution except we are working on it, no time frame, too bad for you blah blah. sigh. They had me video my log in to the game and watched the flash crash and what happens. All that work, no prize. sigh X 2. flashhelp3.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2014 Sep 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeremy, I have continued to research and it does appear you are correct that there is a later version, however when the site tests my driver, I get that message I posted earlier that I have the latest version. This seems in conflict with the site saying there is a newer version. I cannot get the download for it because it keeps saying I have the latest version. Any suggestions? or other things to check or try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 30, 2014 Sep 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try disabling hardware acceleration:

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2014 Oct 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, done Jeromie, and continue to have the very same issues. Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2014 Oct 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Catalyst Software Suite75.6 MB10.202/24/2010

Download

WDM Integrated Driver21.3 MB10.202/24/2010

Download

Jeromie, I manually downloaded my information in that AMD site you recommended. Instead of letting it detect because it kept saying I had the most current driver...obviously not. So I went into the Device Manager and got this info...Radeon X300 SE 128 MB HyperMemory and Radeon X300 SE 128 MB HyperMemory Secondary. Then on the AMD site, I chose Desktop Graphics for device type, Radeon X series for product family, Radeon X3xx series for product and Windows XP 32 bit for supported operating system. Did I enter the correct information and should I use one or both of those downloads up there to fix my graphics driver? I'm scared to just download them without advice from someone who knows computers. If I download new drivers and it makes my computer run crazy, does a systems restore put them back the way they were? Thanks Jeromie. I hope you aren't getting bored with this by now. I have been trying to get this Zynga game situation resolved for a year and it's always the flash crash and nobody seems to know why (meaning Zynga, Facebook or Firefox). I do appreciate your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2014 Oct 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be wise to set a system restore point before you install the drivers.  This will let you roll back in the event that it makes things worse.

I didn't want to guess either, which is why I recommended the auto-detection tool.  I figured I could blame AMD that way. 

A lot of the OEMs buy the chips from the GPU manufacturers, but do custom hardware and drivers.  My guess is that's why the auto-detection tool isn't detecting the GPU on your machine.  The major GPU manufacturers will only officially support their own branded cards, but it's common for OEMs to license those chipsets and put together cheaper cards with customized drivers and stuff.  The OEMs will typically not provide updated drivers for as long as the GPU manufacturers, as there is less margin in it for them...

I'm pretty sure that the choices that you've picked are correct, and match what I looked at when I googled the GPU IDs on the chrome://flash screen that you posted.  I wasn't 100% sure that you were using a 32-bit operating system, but 64-bit Windows XP is pretty rare, so it's an excellent bet.

Anyway, if that doesn't work, I don't have a great suggestion for resolving this.  The other likely possibility, particularly with some of the more complex games, is that you're just running out of memory.  We do some stuff to try and recover when we see that you're getting low on memory, but that has it's own problems, and we need enough time to free stuff in order to avert a crash.  If the game allocates a huge amount of memory over what you have available in a really short time, then we're going to crash (safely).

WinXP reached it's end of life in April, and while we still technically support it, we're only going to fix security issues.  You can buy a pretty nice laptop with a modern operating system in the $250-500 range at this point, and it would be far more stable than a machine running WinXP.  Depending on your needs, some of the ~$200 chromebooks on the market are really impressive for the cost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So Jeromie, it took me a while to answer this because guess what happened Monday? My mother board decided she was tired and fried herself to put herself out of her misery I guess. Soooo I now am the owner of a refurbished Dell Precision 390. I now have Windows 7 and 64 lovely bits!! They installed my old hard drive right along beside the new one and now I have a back up of sorts. All I had to do was hook everything back up and all my old passwords, music, bookmarks etc were waiting for me. I downloaded the new flash with the 3D graphics thingie (ummm yes that is a technical term for a southern girl with poor computer knowledge) and my Zynga games are running just fine!! But, your suggestions were spot on and very helpful. You made it so easy for me to go to links and navigate the computer to do the tasks to try to fix my issue. I'm pretty sure if the computer hadn't died, that graphics update would have fixed it. Computer Links, the business that built and sold me my new computer agreed with you, just FYI.  I am grateful for your effots and support. You guys are good here! Thank you so much.

Aside from the flash issues,I thought my old computer was just putting itself in sleep mode randomly and acting a bit crazy due to the lack of support for XP but I guess it was on it's last legs. I kept seeing hundreds of tech support answers that it was a common issue with Windows XP to start just going into sleep mode and not come out and I had noted that the power options were grayed out on my comp because they pulled support so I assumed it was either a problem with the power source or something in the software, I had to go into the BIOS and change something to get to be able to set the power options.  Actually the mother board wasn't getting proper power. 4 of those things that stick up had exploded and one was bubbled up..like batteries that had corroded.

Be careful what you pray for to the Computer Gods...I kept wishing to just get my problem resolved and it was...with a new computer and $250! LOL. So now I'm happy and my new computer works like lightening. No more sticking and turning itself off. No more constant rebooting and dirty NTFS files (I think that's what it kept saying). It was just simply time to get a new computer. I will have to learn to navigate Windows 7 but from what most of you who know Windows are saying, I think I will be happier now anyway than with Windows XP. Ok, so we can call this resolved, but it is full of good info for people having the issue with Zynga games on FB. I did learn tons of tricks to get my flash to operate properly and trouble shoot it from this thread. Have a great week Jeromie, and thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines