Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player crashing in all browsers

Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since i updated Flashplayer last night, it keeps crashing. This morning it's even worse, last night flash worked for maybe 30 secs today flash doesn't even load at all and freezes my browsers. It happens in every single browser, i try. Is there any way to roll back to the earlier version of flash which worked fine until this is fixed?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've branched your post out to a new discussion to give you more personalized advice.

Some basics about your environment would be useful:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

We harden Flash Player continuously against attackers, so each new release includes security updates.  Going backwards leaves you vulnerable, and there's clear evidence that attackers reverse-engineer our mitigations to attack unpatched users.  So, it's probably better that we help you solve the problem, vs. rolling back.

First things first, power cycle the machine.  Actually shut it down, vs. doing a soft reboot, and give it a few seconds to fully discharge.  This will rule out any issues with a piece of hardware being in a bad state.

If the problem persists, it might make sense to just uninstall and reinstall Flash Player.

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Then download Flash Player again from here:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Without specifics about your environment, I can't offer much more in the way of useful advice, but hopefully it gets the job done.  If not, we've eliminated a number of potential problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i use windows 10 on an hp laptop. I was mainly using firefox and microsoft edge browsers. I sorted it by uninstalling flash and reinstalling an archived version. When i tried to reinstall the latest update it was still freezing, so it's clearly the latest update that's caused the issue/ I've had absolutely no problems since i installed the archived version of flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That works.  It means that you're missing important security updates though.  I definitely want to understand the actual crash so that we can try and fix it.

To that end, I'd be interested in looking at some of the firefox crash reports.

If you could, please type about:crashes in the Firefox address bar:

Click the first few reports to submit them (you don't need to wait for the reports in the new windows to actually load), and then just paste the links here. 

That will let me see what the aggregate volume of crashes is, and where in our code it's crashing.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines