Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player disabled - Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2017 Dec 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: added operating system to title]

My flash player for windows 10 states that it is disabled - l have followed all the instructions and all the setting are as advised yet it still will not enable. Help !!!

TOPICS
OS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  My settings shows that it is enabled but when I test it, it says its disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft disabled Flash Player by default on Windows 10, on Edge and Internet Explorer.  User's must enable it for each site they visit.

For Edge, see Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge

For IE, see Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already enabled Shockware Flash Object and disabled Active X .  Still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you're using IE instead of Edge.  Please confirm the browser you are using, and provide the following information:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 appears to intentionally attack Flash. I run two computers. I got Flash running on Chrome on one computer. That's after searching help files, trying everything I could find, and playing with it. Edge won't work at all. FireFox runs so slow it's not usable. But my second computer it won't work on FireFox or Chrome. I spent between half an hour and forty-five minutes trying to get it to work so I could watch an actor's FB video.

It is Edge not IE. I was forced to use Edge because of previous problems with Windows 10. I do not have access to the information for that computer on this one. I didn't bother to try with Edge on this one. Edge is worthless.

I did try FireFox and Chrome. And no amount of tinkering with authorizing it, updating will allow Flash to work.

Windows 10 deactivated it. And with the amount of effort to the fix it, I'd be very surprised if it wasn't intentional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edge/IE, Chrome, and Firefox all disable Flash by default and force users to enable it to view Flash content.  This is a decision made by the browser vendors, not Adobe.  Depending on the browser, it forces users to enable Flash for each website (for example Edge).

The following may be of assistance:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been able to resolve my issue.  This may be of help to others with Windows 10 version 1709.  I went to Windows Settings and then Update and Security.  There was a Windows update that needed to be done  that didn't happen automatically.  It took a few hours, but once updated, my Adobe flash works just fine.  It seems to be a Windows patching issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am trying to run flash player on Edge. The only message I get is to go to setting to enable Flash Player. It was already enabled and Adobe says it's not.  What's the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines