Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version can't be installed to my Mac

Here is my system information:

Current installed flash player version 25.0.0.171

MAC-OS: 10.7.5

Target browser: Firefox

Up to now, since years I hav'nt any problem at all. But trying to install the latest version I can do the downloads on any way. After starting the "AdobeFlashPlayer_26_a_Install.dmg. The following download seems to be successful but it goes to the screen "Step 3 of 3 failed to install.

I have done with or without browser in background (I was not beeing asked to close an opened browser). Nevertheless I stuck on this step.

Everything else with my MacBook Pro vof 2008 runs fine.

Thank You in advance for Your help

Thomas K.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You may try the offline installer. Follow these steps

1)Download the uninstaller from: Uninstall Flash Player for Mac OS

2) Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI plugin.

3) Ensure all the browsers are closed. Run the uninstaller and then the offline installer.

If the problem persists, please write back to us.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI thomaskueh

I'd like to review the installation log files to find out why the installation is failing.  Please review the FAQ Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? and configure your system to generate the log files as indicated in the FAQ.  Run the installer again.  At the end, gather all files (FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, install.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log) and upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document​.  Finally, post the link to the uploaded files your reply.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines