• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player does not play embedded YouTube movies

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2009 Jun 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since Adobe issued a security update for the Flash Player, the Flash Player will not play embedded YouTube movies that otherwise played just fine. Movies play just fine on YouTube services, but embedded YouTube movies using the YouTube supplied embed code now will not play. No errors are given. Where the movie should be is just the outline and little icon in top left corner. Given that absolutely nothing else changed on my system before the embed failure I would say something about their security update is incompatible or has created some incompatibility. Clearly a lot of people are now experiencing this but I am finding no solution.

Is there a solution? If not WHEN will there be? The matter is critical as it is preventing me from completing some work for a client!

Does anyone have a valid solution here?

Thank for the help.

LG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I am using IE8 Windows XP. Also, can someone provide links to the uninstaller that actucally works? The ones provided in this form do not work, at lease for me.

Thanks.

LG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does not work - the link or the uninstaller?

The FP uninstaller can be downloaded from this page http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, the links do not work, at least for me which suggests something else is causing problems here. I am trying to get some one else to download them for me and send them to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious - how do the links "not work"; what happens if you click on it?

Can you copy the link URL, then paste it into the browser's address bar?

Does the link URL by any chance have blank characters embedded in it? (This may indicate a bug in the forum software.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the links are clicked on there is no file download prompt window, all that happens is the link flips me over to a blank browser page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2009 Jun 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, I am tired as this problem is eating up a lot of my time. Forgot to say, this is the url http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax .exe It does have a gap. I now have that file. I missed the gap, sorry. Ok so this one is solved. The other is the uninstaller http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player.exe which gives the IE cannot display the web page. But it does work for other people using IE8 like I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines