Flash Player does not work on YouTube

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i can not get flash player to play videos in any of my browsers the videos keep playing HTML 5 and when i disable HTML 5 to use FLASH the flash player will not play and i have Uninstalled flash reinstalled and all so updated the flash and it still dose not work and it is not just the browser i tried all the browsers i have chrome fire fox and internet explorer. and nun will play using flash they all default to HTML 5 And when i disable HTML 5 i can not play any videos this is on YouTube the is what i use to watch videos.

[personal information removed per policy - https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731]

[This is an open forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

[Also, NEVER respond to a request for Skype information... Adobe does NOT use Skype, only scammers]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YouTube moved away from Flash video years ago.  I know that a small subset of people actively force YouTube to serve up Flash-based content through various tricks and plug-ins, but there is no guarantee that YouTube would continue to carry that functionality forward (it doesn't really make a lot of sense for them to run dual technologies).

Furthermore, all of the major browsers have been making changes that make it more difficult to run Flash Player, and this trend will continue to become more restrictive over time.

It's possible that you need to enable Flash Player in addition to whatever else you're doing to get YouTube to serve you HTML5 video, but the more productive path forward would probably be to figure out why YouTube's HTML5 content isn't performing adequately for you, since this is the direction in which the web is headed (and we're well along that path already).  You would need to talk to your browser vendor and/or YouTube about those issues.

I'd start by making sure that Flash Player is actually working in those browsers.  If it's working in other places and just not YouTube, then I'd wager that your "force Flash" mechanism of choice is busted. 

If it's not working anywhere, then the following would be a great place to start:

Adobe Flash Player enabled but not recognized in Windows 10 Edge

Enable Flash Player for Google Chrome

Enable Flash Player for Firefox

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines