• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player does not work with Standard User, but will work when browser is "Run as Administrator"

May 06, 2014 May 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why this is happening, but Flash Player will not work when a Standard User is using the browser. It will only work when the browser is run as an administrator. Any way to fix this? I've tried to uninstall, and reinstall the player, and it still wouldn't work.

The user is on Windows 7, 64-bit. Using IE 10.

Flash not working for Standard User - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a very similar issue.  In my case, non-admin accounts (that are on a company domain) are unable to get the Adobe Help Page to indicate that Adobe is installed (says it's not installed or disabled) but, if on that same computer I login as a local admin the same Adobe site shows Adobe as perfectly installed.  Why isn't Flash working for a non-admin account in this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2014 May 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update to provide at all here guys?  Again, in my situation, it's very much rights-related as a standard user doesn't even report that the flash player exists when testing it on the Adobe Flash Version Detection website (despite it showing up in Control Panel and under Add/Remove Programs).  I've already tried giving the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed and files/subfolders appropriate permissions for the standard user and still nothing.  If I either give the user in question full local admin rights or logon as the domain admin, then the Adobe Flash Version Detection website says Flash is installed and Flash works fine.

Thoughts???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2014 May 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I would try once more - an anyone help with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2014 May 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we the only 2 people still dealing with this security issue?  No one else has experienced this as of yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if you are still monitoring this .... I had exactly the same problem

and FINALLY tracked down what my problem was , so thought I should let you know

. I only go onto the internet as a standard user (using IE11) and under "Tools"

had ticked the box for "Active X Filtering" .... By simply unchecking the box

everything worked perfectly . The problem never occurred when I was signed on as

"Administrator" , as AX Filtering wasn't selected for that user . Hope this

helps you ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IE11 does not have its ActiveX filtering checked but still it cannot detect the Add-In

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you two are not the only ones.  I have exactly the same issue as the original post and is on Windows 10 platform.  Only with Admin user logon that Microsoft Edge detects Adobe Connect Add-in.  When my son log-ins using his standard account IE 11 or Edge cannot detect the Add-in.  Thus, the browser asks him to install the Add-in.  We installed it multiple times and still does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Typically, when we see this, it's the result of a too-restrictive security policy on enterprise workstations.  If this is happening on a default Windows installation that's not a member of a domain, that would be atypical, and usually reflects something like corrupted filesystem permissions or problems with the user profile.

If you're a member of a Windows domain, you'll need to work with your system administration team to troubleshoot the issue and adjust their security rules in a way that allows you to do your work.  In the unlikely event that they're unable to solve the issue, they're more than welcome to reach out to us, and we'll do our best to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jeromiec83223024,

I have this exact same issue.  We are using Win 10 - 1703 build and when a standard user logs on the flash plugin fails to be recognised.  Chrome works fine its just Edge and Internet Explorer.  If you logon as Administrator on the local Box flash  works fine.  Strange that Chrome works with local user but not Edge or IE in local user.  If you create a local user and then add them to the local administrators group flash player also fails to be recognised.   I've tried Active X which is not on, changed permissions on the IE browser, with no luck.  This is with 450 PC's all attached to a domain with user domain logon permissions.  Microsoft IE and EDGE fail while Chrome works fine.  The only time Flash works correctly is if you are logged on as the local administrator.

Any help in finding this solution is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is a built-in component of Internet Explorer and Edge on Windows 10.  It is distributed by Microsoft.  We don't have any control over installation, registry entries, permissions, etc.

You'll need to open a support case with Microsoft.

The one thing you might want to check is whether or not you experience this problem when running on a stock Win10 machine.  My suspicion is that this is related to a Group Policy Object that you're pushing to clients attached to your domain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines