Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player doesn't install!

Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I finish the installation process flash player appears in my apps, but nowhere in my files/ start menu/ desktop etc

Urgent, need it for work. Have enabled flash on chrome so that is fine, but it is saying flash is not installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is a browser plugin, it will not displays in start menu, desktop, etc.

For troubleshooting Flash Player in Chrome, see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But after installing it still says it is not installed when I go to a flash website, or say that the plugin is blocked when I have made sure the settings don't block the website

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is the browser blocking the plugin, not Flash Player.  Refer to the previous link I posted for troubleshooting steps from Google.

Also, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome. There is no need to install the plugin manually.  Just need to enable it.

Google's Site Engagement Index feature may also be preventing the plugin from loading, see Site Engagement - The Chromium Projects

if you continue to experience issues with it, see Google's Chrome support page (Google Chrome Help), file a bug with Chrome (Bug Life Cycle and Reporting Guidelines - The Chromium Projects), or use a different browser, but note that essentially all browsers are making it difficult for users to view Flash content by disabling Flash by default and forcing users to enable it, in some cases, for each site they visit (Microsoft Edge).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines