• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player doesn't work on Chrome in other user account on Linux

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've got a problem whom I've been surching a solution around the web for two weeks now.

So this is the situation:

I'm in a school where students all have different accounts on a local network using the version Kubuntu of Linux. The Problem is that Flash is working on the admin account with Chrome, but when I switch to a student account, Scratch is not working anymore on Chrome. When on a page with a flash player content, it says that I have to reload Chrome but doesn't ask for a permission to activate Flash or anything. Of course, reloading doesn't work.

I've tried to reinstall Flash, using an external Flash, change the permission in Chrome settings (Flash is on "always allow" mode") even to change the permissions of the files where Flash and Chrome are but nothing works.

So guys you're my last alternative. Hope you can help me .

WB: Chrome 63.0.3239.132

Flash version: Latest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

I've found an answer to my problem. I've granted level 771 permission to the Chrome folder via a sudo su command and it works pretty well. The "chrome://flash" indication helped me a lot to find the path to the flash player plugin.

Thank you all for your answers .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does other Flash content work?

When logged in as the student user, go to chrome://flash.  What is the directory path to the Flash plugin?

Please see Using Chrome on roaming user profiles - Chrome for enterprise Help  although the information seems to be Windows-centered, it may provide some assistance.  Since Google handles roaming profiles differently from local profiles, I would recommend contacting Google for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm thinking that the plugin is probably present and available, but you're running in to the fact that Chrome blocks Flash Player by default now.

As an administrator, you should be able to whitelist Flash Player for various domains:

https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7084871?hl=en

You'll need to do this eventually anyway as Google continues to tighten controls around Flash.  Hopefully it also resolves the immediate problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found an answer to my problem. I've granted level 771 permission to the Chrome folder via a sudo su command and it works pretty well. The "chrome://flash" indication helped me a lot to find the path to the flash player plugin.

Thank you all for your answers .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the update.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines