New Here ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i got:

- Windows 10 Home 64-bit

- Internet Explorer 11.371.16299.0

- Flash Player 29.0.0.140

whenever i play a game .swf it never save my progress: i checked on C:\users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\FlashPlayer\#SharedObjects\(numbersandletters)\#localwithnet but there is a save data for a game only and if i plays it never update

I tried other games but i didn't get the .sol files

Someone can help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the "Delete History on Exit" setting checked in IE?  It will delete all of your SOLs on every exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's was already disabled. The problem is not solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is that the file and/or permissions is corrupt and we can't write to it.

You can check the filesystem and repair any errors with chkdsk:

Check your hard disk for errors - Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

At that point, you can try just deleting the offending file.  It should get recreated, although you'll lose any game progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No errors detected. I trashed all .sol files but fp don't save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like a situation where we can't write.  That's usually disk corruption or a permissions problem.

If you want to rule out the possibility that it's something to do with running the file off the local filesystem, you could try running a local webserver like WAMP and accessing it that way.  If it's saving that way and not when you run from the local filesystem, that would be interesting, but I'm not currently aware of a problem like that in the field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a different browser flash player saves but with explorer don't saves. What's wrong with explorer? Really because i have removed the other browser and want continue to use explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is not solved, someone can help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2018 May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you actually tried the things I recommended?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, when Wamp is running it saves but when is off it don't save

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's helpful, thanks.  We're able to reproduce this.  It looks like a bug. 

In general, the browsers are making it harder to run files locally.  When developing Flash content, I find that running WAMP is much better than developing off the local filesystem, simply because you get the same security behaviors.

I don't think there's a better workaround than what you're already doing at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can be solved this situation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We'll have to fix the bug and push it out in a future release, assuming that the change was unintentional.  In the meantime, you can run it under WAMP as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines