• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player ended since 2020?

New Here ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, May i know please what should i do in 2020 .. I have a website and a flash chat only works with adobe flash player and i don't have any other version for that .. In 2020 what should i do?

I know maybe flash player will ended then. But there are many websites needed the flash player like online games and the flash games, And some websites have many videos !

Please i need the clear answer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Here's the official statement.  You should migrate to an HTML and Javascript solution.

Flash & The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your chat has the function equivalences in HTML5/JS so you can work on it and convert it, if you have the sources of course.

without sources, maybe keep it for legacy browsers and think to find a javascript chat that offers same features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Websites do not need Flash for videos. Youtube and others gave it up year ago.

If you do not convert your web site NOW you can expect it to start working soon - this year for many people, not 2020. Firefox will block flash for non-corporate customers in 2019. You may have to look for entirely different replacements for your Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops. "Expect it to STOP working soon". Yes, millions of web sites WILL STOP WORKING unless they are changed. This is as serious as it sounds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the official statement.  You should migrate to an HTML and Javascript solution.

Flash & The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not easy 😕 .. There are many websites have a flash games depends on action script! that's not easy to migrate,

I gonna to send you my project (Flash Chat) .. You can migrate it for me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why there was three years notice. So large and costly projects could be started and finished. There is no magic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@

well, give time to convert a complex project is a thing,

but when the conversion is impossible, like multicasting, netgroup, udp streams etc...

the only solution is to just convert your mind.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good day. Maybe my topic will be helpful to you. We have created a technology that allows us
to easily convert FLASH to HTML5

https://community.adobe.com/t5/Flash-Player/A-Second-Life-for-Flash-games-IceStone/m-p/10627768

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines