• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player EOL - Can I still export MOVs from Flash Professional CS6?

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Flash Professional CS6 and use it to make animations. I export my FLA files as MOVs, which I then convert to MP4 video. However, in that process, Flash Professional CS6 does generate first a SWF file. It then converts that SWF to MOV, then deletes the SWF. In my Publish settings, I have "Target: Flash Player 11.2" and SWF is the only output option. So, after the death of Flash Player, will I still be able to export MOVs from Flash Professional CS6? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

I'm not sure.  You're talking about a product that shipped in 2012.  

You can set your system clock forward to Feb 1 2021 and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you move to Animate CC (subscription required).

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but my question is: will I still be able to export MOVs from Flash Professional CS6 after the End of the Flash Player? Do you know? Does anybody?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure.  You're talking about a product that shipped in 2012.  

You can set your system clock forward to Feb 1 2021 and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tried the clock re-set and everything still worked OK. So I guess this means player that came with CS6 is not set to self-destruct. Hopefully Microsoft's purge of the player - which (I quote) "will remove it from the Windows operating system"(!) - will overlook it too. On the point about CS6 being from 2012, the Animate CC export process looks to be at least similar (https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/exporting-content.html). Last but not least: So long Flash! You were fantastic, a beautiful piece of software, we had a lot of fun together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines