Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player EOL - Removing Flash Player download pages

Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've read Adobe's Statement regarding Flash Player EOL and there are couple of things that are not precisely stated. Namely I'm interested in forth point:

```
4. Will Adobe make previous versions of Adobe Flash Player available for download after 2020? 
No. Adobe will be removing Flash Player download pages from its site and Flash-based content will be blocked from running in Adobe Flash Player after the EOL Date.

```

Is Flash Player not going to be downloadable in early January 2021?  Is there a date from which people will not be able to download Flash Player anymore ? 

Thanks

- Nenad

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

No, Flash Player will not be downloadable post December 2020 when it will reach end-of-life.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Expect it to be gone. Maybe at midnight on 31 December, maybe sometime later. Adobe can choose. It's very late to be looking for loopholes. And what good would a download do the people whose browser blocked it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I'm not looking for loopholes, I just want to understand the measures Adobe will take and when is going to take them related with Flash Player End of Support. 

And what good would a download do the people whose browser blocked it?
  -- There might be users that have very old browsers/OSs which don't block Flash Player. So if Flash Player is available for download after EOL date, they might decide to download and still use it after EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, people with old browsers better be sure they have downloaded it by the end of the year. The information from Adobe is absolutely clear, and they are unlikely to give a more detailed date. Adobe are NOT going to provide Flash Player for the benefit of the limited number of people who could still use it. In my view, because they would not be fixing bugs, it would be arguably irresponsible of them to keep offering it anyway. People do not understand the security landscape well enough to make informed choices about this. Removing it is the only way. I don't much like that it's going away, but if it must, then it must really go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Flash Player will not be downloadable post December 2020 when it will reach end-of-life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks _maria_, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines