• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player EOL

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know alot about how the Flash player EOL will affect the adobe programs I have purchased.  Do I need to purchase another program that works the same as flash player to allow my adobe programs to function properly?

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Adobe sells a couple hundred products, so it's hard to give you a blanket answer.  Plus, everyone here works on Flash Player.  The product experts for the specific products you're concerned about are going to have a much better idea of what will happen. 

That said, it's pretty unlikely that Flash EOL is going to affect any of the Adobe Creative Cloud products themselves, but things you build with Flash dependencies (e.g. PDFs with embedded Flash content) aren't going to play the embedded Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sells a couple hundred products, so it's hard to give you a blanket answer.  Plus, everyone here works on Flash Player.  The product experts for the specific products you're concerned about are going to have a much better idea of what will happen. 

That said, it's pretty unlikely that Flash EOL is going to affect any of the Adobe Creative Cloud products themselves, but things you build with Flash dependencies (e.g. PDFs with embedded Flash content) aren't going to play the embedded Flash part on a system that doesn't have Flash Player available (which will be vast majority of the market in 2021). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I looked at the adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html information, it lists Windows 10 as a program that runs flash player.

Does this mean I will need to upgrade my Windows program ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows10 is an operating system, not a program.

Theere is nothing specific to Windows10 in the EOL faq page, so not sure what you mean with regards to "Does this mean I will need to upgrade my Windows program ?"

At the end of the day, Adobe and all browser vendors will stop supporting Flash Player at the end of 2020, on all currently supported platforms and browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You definitely don't need to upgrade Windows to remove Flash Player, but like Maria pointed out, it sounds like you might be a little confused about how things work.  

If there are discrete programs or websites that you absolutely need to continue working, let's discuss the specifics in detail so that we can give you an accurate answer.  Otherwise, the general hand-wavy answer is that it's pretty unlikely that you're going to be affected by Flash Player going away.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Do I need to purchase another program that works the same as flash player to allow my adobe programs to function properly?"

Short answer: No.  Creative Cloud products don't require Flash Player. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, there is a key exception: older versions of Acrobat and Acrobat Reader may lose functions unless you upgrade them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines