• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player for Mac Safari 14

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated software in system preferences I was no longer able to watch Directv on my Macbook Air. I keep getting a sign that says enable or install Adobe flash player. In the instructions for installing it's using Yosemite, which is an old OS, I have the latest, which is Catalina (You won't find plug ins), so I think Adobe needs to get up to date on instructions for installing this on Mac.

[moderator: edited title to more accurately reflect issue being reported]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

"After I updated software in system preferences"

Apple released Safari 14 yesterday and it has begun to roll out to users (I got my notification earlier today).  Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14, due to Flash Player's upcoming end-of-life at the end of the year.  See https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2017/07/25/adobe-flash-update.html#gs.gg16j5 and https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html (these FAQs will be updated soon to include Apple dropping support f

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and BTW I called Apple and contacted a Tech, and the computer was not the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"After I updated software in system preferences"

Apple released Safari 14 yesterday and it has begun to roll out to users (I got my notification earlier today).  Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14, due to Flash Player's upcoming end-of-life at the end of the year.  See https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2017/07/25/adobe-flash-update.html#gs.gg16j5 and https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html (these FAQs will be updated soon to include Apple dropping support for Flash Player in Safari 14).

If you updated to Safari 14, which appears to be the case, you won't be able to view Flash content on Safari.  You'll need to use a different browser.

"I think Adobe needs to get up to date on instructions for installing this on Mac."

There's nothing Adobe can do when a browser vendor drops support for a product ahead of the product's scheduled end-of-life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, Directv still using Flash? When it's going away in less than 4 months?? They are cutting it a bit fine. Or else a lot of subscribers will need to find a new TV channel quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I guess they will use an emulator like cheerpx or else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines